What's new

green aquatic fougere soap.

Hello gents!I smelled today an italian liquid hand soap and it was amazing.It was called felce,which is fern and belongs to fougere as you know.It was blue and smelled similar to cool water.As you know under the aquatic notes of cool water some green notes exist right?So imagine in this soap the green notes were a little stronger.Do you know a shave soap with a similar scent?I heard that g.i.t or saponificio varesino felce aromatica are similar.What do you suggest?

Last edited:
If GIT is the kind of the scent you are going for, there are lots of soapers who make a GIT clone. QCS, MW, Mama Bear, Stirling, and I'm sure there are others. This is a very popular scent.

Oh, and Creed makes a shave soap with actual GIT scent. It's....um.....what's the word I'm looking for......oh, I know, expensive.

was the soap you sampled, one of these??

$Untitled-3.jpg

If GIT is the kind of the scent you are going for, there are lots of soapers who make a GIT clone. QCS, MW, Mama Bear, Stirling, and I'm sure there are others. This is a very popular scent.

Oh, and Creed makes a shave soap with actual GIT scent. It's....um.....what's the word I'm looking for......oh, I know, expensive.

RazoRock Tight Buns soap is a Green Irish Tweed scented shave soap that's inexpensive and quite good.

I have saponificio varesino felce aromatica it's excellent stuff and really like it. It's similar and quite nice but not a match to GIT for me. The QCS one I didn't care for and the Mama Bear's soaps aren't for me. Mystic Waters is a soap that some really enjoy. I enjoy the soap but it takes forever for me to get a good lather from it, so it's not worth the fight for me. I've never tried the Stirling GIT scented soap but have used and enjoyed many others from them.

I'd go with the Stirling soap (don't know what it's called) and/or the RazoRock Tight Buns soap. While you're at it pick up RazoRock "The Freedburg" and Stirling "Executive Man" soaps as well with your order(s). These are the Creed Aventus scented soaps that I like even better than the GIT versions.

Last edited:
RazoRock Tight Buns soap is a Green Irish Tweed scented shave soap that's inexpensive and quite good.

I have saponificio varesino felce aromatica it's excellent stuff and really like it. It's similar and quite nice but not a match to GIT for me. The QCS one I didn't care for and the Mama Bear's soaps aren't for me. Mystic Waters is a soap that some really enjoy. I enjoy the soap but it takes forever for me to get a good lather from it, so it's not worth the fight for me. I've never tried the Stirling GIT scented soap but have used and enjoyed many others from them.

I'd go with the Stirling soap (don't know what it's called) and/or the RazoRock Tight Buns soap. While you're at it pick up RazoRock "The Freedburg" and Stirling "Executive Man" soaps as well with your order(s). These are the Creed Aventus scented soaps that I like even better than the GIT versions.

Just a side note: both RazoRock Tight Buns and The Freedberg are - or were at the time, when they were released last year - limited edition soaps and aftershaves, and have been out of stock on Italian Barber for quite some time. While I agree that these are good soaps at a very reasonable price, the only place to find them currently is on the secondhand market. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if these items are re-released. I would probably grab another jar of The Freedberg soap if they are.

Well guys thank you very much.
No i am not looking for git because when i smelled it it hadn't the aquatic plus fern combination i am looking for.
I am not talking about felce azzura either.
proxy.php
..that's what i am talkin about.
I am looking for a cool water type but with the green notes more fern-y and more powerfull if that makes sense.
Thanks anyway!

Is git what im looking for?any news?Thanks.

No i am not looking for git because when i smelled it it hadn't the aquatic plus fern combination i am looking for.

It looks like you answered your own question may man...

I don't know what this hand soap smells like, and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around your description, but I'm wondering if maybe you shouldn't try Bleecker St. by Bond No. 9. I'm not sure I, personally, would describe it the same way you're describing what you're looking for, but it is very nice. A reviewer on Fragrantica used these words to describe it, and this is what gave me the idea: "Green aquatic forward-slash fougere". Hope this helps.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm recommending a fragrance. I don't know of a shave soap that smells like Bond No. 9 Bleecker St., but if I come across one I'll be sure to post it.

Last edited:
I think your best bet would be to contact an artisan soap maker to see if they can custom do a fragrance for you. I really have no idea how else you will find it otherwise as most scents tends towards simple or traditional masculine scents.

Just a side note: both RazoRock Tight Buns and The Freedberg are - or were at the time, when they were released last year - limited edition soaps and aftershaves, and have been out of stock on Italian Barber for quite some time. While I agree that these are good soaps at a very reasonable price, the only place to find them currently is on the secondhand market. It wouldn't surprise me, however, if these items are re-released. I would probably grab another jar of The Freedberg soap if they are.

I'd definitely buy more of The Freedburg if it were available again as well.

Well i made a mistake,i thought git was aventus.Well i have to check git.If it's gonna be the same as cool water but with a greenish vibe more prominent than the one in cool water,then i found what i want.Thank you guys!

Top Bottom