What's new

GRAND OPENING of the Rolls Razor Social Group

I actually like the English quaintness of the OP Rolls Razor Social Group - there's something quite 30's about it...

I do like the simplicity of the Rolls Razor Social Group. It trips me up a little because B&B doesn’t have Social Groups anymore, and that is what this thread was originally directing you toward. But for the new folks who never knew the Social Groups, I suppose it doesn’t matter.

Maybe instead call it:
Rolls Razor Discussion Group? (RRDG)
Rolls Razor Appreciation Club? (RRAC)
Rolls Razor User's Group? (RRUG)
Society of Ancient Rolls Razors? (SOARR) <- I kinda like this one.

Whatever is decided, I believe this thread (because the first post is pointing to something that doesn't exist, which is confusing for new folks) should be closed, and a brand new club/group thread should be started.

Whatever is decided, I believe this thread (because the first post is pointing to something that doesn't exist, which is confusing for new folks) should be closed, and a brand new club/group thread should be started.
Agreed! But who will grasp the nettle, name the group and start the new thread?

Ok - second shave on blade F-5 tonight
proxy.php

I used Williams again and it really does seem perfect for the Rolls shave.

I also used the heavier steel handle and realised that the weight of the handle doesn't really matter.
The blade is nearly flat to the face and provides the necessary momentum through its own weight.
What's important in the handle is grip and the OEM handle has plenty of that.

Darwin blades are numbered on each side, and the Rolls blade has different markings on each side.
There's a suggestion that flipping the blade keeps it smoother due to the effect of face stropping.
We know with DE blades this is nonsense, but with these heavier wedge blades who knows?

This blade is settling in nicely, still a little harsh but smoother than yesterday and still shockingly sharp.

The Rolls always feels a bit harsh on my neck yet the result is a gorgeous irritation free shave.
Maybe I need to do a bit more skin stretching with it.

I also wonder how long the FeOx pasted case strop will maintain the edge - there's a report on another forum of 21+ BBS shaves before honing was necessary again.

Third shave on blade F-5 tonight.
A hurried late night shave so only a DFS but still a very comfortable result.

So what are we calling this club then?
And who's in it?
And is anybody else actually shaving with a Rolls this week?
And where's the new thread?

I like SOARRS but not the "Ancient" bit - the appeal is that we're retrofitting the Rolls and bringing it into the 21st Century, at least for me :)

Society of Actual Rolls Shavers
Or
Animated
Award winning
Ambidexterous
Angry
Assertive
Antodisestablishmentarianist
Agitated
Armoured
Awful
Aggressive
Accurate
Agitated
Alchoholic
Alchohol fueled

Society of Actual Rolls Shavers
Or
Animated
Award winning
Ambidexterous
Angry
Assertive
Antodisestablishmentarianist
Agitated
Armoured
Awful
Aggressive
Accurate
Agitated
Alchoholic
Alchohol fueled
Lol
So shall we agree on SOARRS then?

And will you start the new thread?

And is anybody else actually shaving with a Rolls?

Hi! Awesome thread. I know the last post on this thread was made in January, but I just received one. Shot video of my first shave with it.
I had great fun shaving with my Rolls, and have plans to hone it to a much better level of shave ready, and enjoy it from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Awesome thread. I know the last post on this thread was made in January, but I just received one. Shot video of my first shave with it.
I had great fun shaving with my Rolls, and have plans to hone it to a much better level of shave ready, and enjoy it from time to time.

Great work! The Rolls deserves to be appreciated in the 21st Century.

Come and join us here on the active Rolls group: http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=

Look forward to hearing more of your adventures with "the Whetter" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to become a member of this group.

I have 14 Rolls razors and use them but can not get as good a shave as I get from a double edge.

I have much to learn.

And, perhaps, a trifle to teach.

Mickey Oberman
Your not trying hard enough .......I thought the same ting when I started using mine.....I learned in time that the Rolls will not work as fast but it will shave as close if you take your time .....just takes a tad longer .....

Announcing the GRAND OPENING of the Rolls Razor Social Group.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=111

If you have a Rolls Razor or are thinking you may want to try shaving with a Rolls this is the Group for you.

The purpose of this group is to offer a place where those who have an interest in Rolls Razors can exchange information and knowledge on maintaining and use of this fine Vintage Piece of Shaving History.

Become a member
I would like to join your group has I have just started collecting Rolls Razors and get more out of my new hobby

Top Bottom