What's new

Grain and Shape

The one on the right is awesome, as I also tend to favor a larger handle & knot, have fairly large hands. Is it olive wood? - The grain sort of reminds of of some olive wood blanks I found online some time back.

The second one from the left is also a nice looker, something about the grain of the wood makes it stand out.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You are too kind good sir. My current favorite type of knot are badgers, but if I could pick any, it would probably be to try a mixed badger/boar. As far as shape, I have big hands, so I prefer ones that aren't real thin. That one on the right is a great example. It is probably my favorite.
You have good taste, lol. They all look great, but I've never seen anything like that one.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
That one is made of Cocobola wood. Thank You for the kind words

The one on the right is awesome, as I also tend to favor a larger handle & knot, have fairly large hands. Is it olive wood? - The grain sort of reminds of of some olive wood blanks I found online some time back.

The second one from the left is also a nice looker, something about the grain of the wood makes it stand out.

Do you ever stop the lathe and think to yourself "Gosh, I wonder what a less than perfect handle would look like..."?

I guess it might be time to make The Quijote Brush :) What knot would it have and what shape :) :)
This one is easy. A windmill or a lance shape.
Perhaps a simpler wood, but beautifully executed so as to hide the lack of sensibility.
Overstuffed knot, set deeply.
For use with donkey milk soaps.

Top Bottom