What's new

Got my jar of T&H Almond today

Can't try it until tomorrow's shave but it's one of the best almond fragrances I've smelled yet. Like it better than the other English makers' examples (TOBS and GFT) and way better than Cella (which was nice at the start but seemed to turn rancid within a few months and was tossed).

I have a tube of this which I use occasionally in the rotation or when travelling. Quite thick (might be the almond oil) but lovely to shave with. I usually face lather it with a stiffer brush like a Simpsons Berkeley Pure and it works a treat. Nice subtle fragrance and really moisturisers the skin.
I hope you enjoy it.

I'll use it today, I think, so will report back later. No photos though, I just can't bring myself to photograph shaving stuff (but I like looking at everyone else's pictures!).

OK, quick report - I put a dollop on my BK4 brush and lathered in my bowl. Tremendous almond scent and a very cushy slick lather. Shaved using my G1 Fatboy and Feather on shave #3. Settings for me are 1 and 2 on the Fatboy. It's an excellent cream for me and I got an excellent shave with three passes and LOTS of left over lather. I will certainly resupply once I'm out of this one.

The only criticism might be that the scent doesn't linger much (unlike, say, TOBS Sandalwood).

The only almond I've tried yet is GFT.
Nice, someone who's familiar with Geo F. Trumper Almond Shaving Cream!
Could you tell me about this cream? The scent in particular?
Is it strong? Is it faint? I wanna know! ;)

OK, quick report - I put a dollop on my BK4 brush and lathered in my bowl. Tremendous almond scent and a very cushy slick lather. Shaved using my G1 Fatboy and Feather on shave #3. Settings for me are 1 and 2 on the Fatboy. It's an excellent cream for me and I got an excellent shave with three passes and LOTS of left over lather. I will certainly resupply once I'm out of this one.

The only criticism might be that the scent doesn't linger much (unlike, say, TOBS Sandalwood).

So what are your thoughts on this almond cream now, 2 months later?
Cause I want an almond cream and I don't know which one to pick...
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Geo F. Trumper, Truefitt & Hill or D.R. Harris...

T&H almond is a wonderful true almond scent, not cherry as in the italians.

truefitt and hill almond filarmonica 13 tom ford tobacco vanille april 27 2015.jpg

Have you had recent uses that you can report on??

I liked it a lot, it lathered really nice and provided excellent glide and protection.
I really like the Almond scent of this product. It will be a regular cream in my rotation!
Sweet, thank you.
I still have no idea which almond cream I would like to try first. Geo F. Trumper, Truefitt & Hill, D.R. Harris or Taylor of Old Bond Street

Sweet, thank you.
I still have no idea which almond cream I would like to try first. Geo F. Trumper, Truefitt & Hill, D.R. Harris or Taylor of Old Bond Street

Just pick one, I happened to find myself within a few miles of Maggards Razors in Adrian, Michigan last week and was able to sniff a few creams. I walked out with 3 nice creams and a soap. I can attest that the T & H Almond is well worth picking up.

I used it again today, incredible slickness and cushion. Very nice scent. Makes me want to try their 1805. I visited Maggard Razors the week before last, and wanted to sample the scent of 1805, but sadly it was out of stock

I used it again today, incredible slickness and cushion. Very nice scent. Makes me want to try their 1805. I visited Maggard Razors the week before last, and wanted to sample the scent of 1805, but sadly it was out of stock
And while you’re at it, you should try their Grafton as well.
Amazing scent which I like better than the 1805

The only one I’ve tried is the TOBS Almond but I have to say I love it. It immediately rocketed up to my top five of soaps/creams.

Top Bottom