What's new

Good Every-Non-Shave-Day Moisturizer

I, too, use Bulldog Original Moisturizer on non-shave days. I use their ASB as well, on shave days. They're both quite great!
I tried their ASB but it really never worked for me.
It wasn't moisturizing enough for my needs so for me it's the regular cream all the way ;-)

Wowwwww guys! never knew there are these many options for us :D. Thank you all. Let me start making my decision. I think I will definitely give the Jack Black a try. lets see.

I have dry skin. I use:

HTGAM daily driver
Speick intensive care
IK Shea butter AS balm
Mitchell's hand and body lotion or M cream

During winter I get a large DRH AS milk and water it down a bit. I put it in a liquid soap dispensor. 1 pump of it for the whole face works great.

Kiehls Facial Fuel (regular or SPF if desired)
I like this stuff a lot. I use the SPF version in the morning. Annoyingly expensive though, so I might look for an alternative when mine runs out. I use a Trader Joe's brand (Nourish) moisturizer when I don't need the SPF.

I really like the Jack Black, but it is pricey.....that being said I got a tube of original Bulldog yesterday from Amazon for $10....tried it today after my shave and I think it is great....probably will be my new go to....I use a moisturizer every night after washing my face and every morning after I shave

I've always liked unrefined shea butter and it'll always have a place in my bathroom. That said, I'm loving Trader Joe's Nourish face lotion. SPF 15. $3.75. 4 oz.

I've always liked unrefined shea butter and it'll always have a place in my bathroom. That said, I'm loving Trader Joe's Nourish face lotion. SPF 15. $3.75. 4 oz.

I've tried Shea butter (I don't know if it's unrefined. It's a bit grainy at first, but when you rub it in your palms it becomes smooth, and smells like nuts) a couple of times, but it never gets properly absorbed by my skin, so I'm left with a really sticky and oily face for the rest of the day.

Do you have a secret that I don't know of, or do you just accept the sticky and oily face?

I'm probably going to sound like Marie Antoinette here, but I go for Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food, every day, before and after and even without shaves. It's expensive, but the 100 ml small bottle has lasted me for seven months. Non-greasy. Comes in sandalwood and lime as well, but I love the Coral.

I've tried Shea butter (I don't know if it's unrefined. It's a bit grainy at first, but when you rub it in your palms it becomes smooth, and smells like nuts) a couple of times, but it never gets properly absorbed by my skin, so I'm left with a really sticky and oily face for the rest of the day.

Do you have a secret that I don't know of, or do you just accept the sticky and oily face?
That can definitely be an issue. I have an oily complexion to begin with. I started doing two things that helped tremendously.

The first thing was use something to wash my face properly. I started with an Olay Pro X cleanser and then graduated to a Clarisonic. Aftershaves, lotions, balms, etc. were absorbed a lot quicker. The second thing I did with unrefined shea butter was warm it up in my hands and put them under warm water before applying to my face. The extra water really thinned out the shea and forced me to use it sparingly. It went on a lot smoother as well.

That can definitely be an issue. I have an oily complexion to begin with. I started doing two things that helped tremendously.

The first thing was use something to wash my face properly. I started with an Olay Pro X cleanser and then graduated to a Clarisonic. Aftershaves, lotions, balms, etc. were absorbed a lot quicker. The second thing I did with unrefined shea butter was warm it up in my hands and put them under warm water before applying to my face. The extra water really thinned out the shea and forced me to use it sparingly. It went on a lot smoother as well.

I already use a good facial cleanser, but I'll definitely try the water step. Thanks!

Ok, I just tried the water step - and wow! It made all the difference in the world. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom