What's new

Good Blades to Use with Fatip Grande & Pre-War Gillette Tech?

Nacet, Indian WS, SupraMax Platinums, GSB, Gillette Platinum, Lord Platinum, Rapira Platinum, Permasharps, Polsilvers,Feather, and Russian 7'oclocks(either color) have all worked very well in the Gillette Pre-War tech for me.

That's the thing. I've tried about 10 different blade models now. They all seem to perform well. I apparently have low requirements/sensitivity here, so just wondering what everyone else is doing and why if they have a formal methodology to it.

I cannot speak to the FaTip, but Techs are great with all my ‘top tier’ blades.

For what it worth, my top-tier (in no particular order):
Nacet
GSB
Astra SP
Wizamet SI (or Polsilver)
Personna lab (or med prep)
Personna red

I use only Lord family blades. They work very well in my prewar FatHandle Tech and my Fatip Piccolo OC.
I got a sampler pack that had a few Lord blades. I'm thinking Lords generally are a bit less sharp than the Gillette range? If so, they might be very good for me in the Fatip.

Permasharps work really well on the Fatip Open Comb. If you can get a pack of Fatip blades then you really should try them out. They're on the expensive side but you get more shaves out of them compared to the cheaper blades so technically speaking, it's not an expensive blade. You definitely should try it!

Top Bottom