What's new

Gold Gem micromatic bullet

Picked this beauty up at the local flea market and have a question about the case. Is this original to the set or from an older model? Looks to never have been used.

$photo 1.JPG
$photo 2.JPG

$photo 3.JPG

I've seen the open comb micromatic in a white case like that one. That does not mean that both razors could have been in older cases

BTW the bullet handle micromatic is a very nice razor. I used mine today.

Not to say the case isn't correct but I have only seen OCMM in those cases which would indicate an older case with a newer razor....if I'm right....which I may not be...are you clear? :blink:

Totally! Lol. I had been looking at pics online of these and never come across this model in that case. I love this razor. Looks unused. Almost want to find a beater and keep this one as is.

My guess is that it's probably not because that kind of case was what Gem used early on with the first Micromatic that came out around 1930. The Flying Wing like you have didn't come out until around 1947 and Gem was using more modern looking cases for that time. It is possible they had some of those cases still around and decided to use them up, anything's possible, but I can't recall seeing any Flying Wings in that case.

That's a cool blade case with the famous 5 o,clock shadow guy. Here's a 1948 ad from The Saturday Evening Post showing the Flying Wing with the Guiding Eye, notice it refers to the ultra-modern case.

proxy.php

My Gold "Flying Wing/Bullet-Tip" Micromatic came in this case...looks like the same one as in the 1948 ad that Tom posted.

proxy.php

That's a cool blade case with the famous 5 o,clock shadow guy. Here's a 1948 ad from The Saturday Evening Post showing the Flying Wing with the Guiding Eye, notice it refers to the ultra-modern case.

proxy.php

What the hell? Wonder how long the marketing guy who came up with this creepy advert kept his job?

The text in the creepy ad says that the razor comes with a supply of 2-edge and Singledge Gem blades - does anyone know what 2-edge Gem blades are?

The text in the creepy ad says that the razor comes with a supply of 2-edge and Singledge Gem blades - does anyone know what 2-edge Gem blades are?

Yep, these. I have a few but they've all corroded to the point of being unusable other than for display, and as you can see on the wrapper they would only work in the Micromatics.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom