What's new

Godrej 'Menthol Mist'

This stuff should be called 'Menthol Thunderstorm'. WOW! Talk about brisk and cooling!

I have a friend just back from India who brought me several tubes of shaving cream. In addition to this one, he brought me Godrej 'Rich Foam', Palmolive, Old Spice Musk, and a can of Old Spice Original in an aerosol can. I'm not particularly a fan of the cans now but I squirted a little on my hand it is was very dense and creamy so I am looking forward to trying it. Plus, both of the OS creams are the Shulton formula so that is a definite bonus!

Noxzema cold cream before, Godrej Menthol Mist during, and Aqua Velva Ice Blue or Master Iceland Breeze after. Talk about a face freezing shave.

Down here in steamy NC, the only summer creams that I use are Godrej Menthol Mist and Proraso. I usually finish up with either Proraso, AV, Barbasol Brisk or Pacific Rush, or Adidas Dynamic Pulse splash. "Ahhhh... Like a cool breeze on my face!"

Down here in steamy NC, the only summer creams that I use are Godrej Menthol Mist and Proraso. I usually finish up with either Proraso, AV, Barbasol Brisk or Pacific Rush, or Adidas Dynamic Pulse splash. "Ahhhh... Like a cool breeze on my face!"

Where do you get the Godrej and Proraso?

This is one for the list. But only once I have finished at least one of my existing creams and I am down to one main brand of blades. I have spent too much on shaving.

Where do you get the Godrej and Proraso?

My source for Proraso (C.O. Bigelow, actually) is my local Bath & Body Works, although there's a place in Cary called Opulence of Southern Pines that carries most of the Proraso line. Great cream! They have other shaving stuff (Musgo, Edwin Jagger, and Castle Forbes) too. They have an online presence, but not a great one.

As far as Godrej, there's an Indian market in Durham on NC 54 called Around the World Market that's my source for all three scents (Menthol Mist, Fresh Lime and Rich Foam) for $2.99/tube. They also carry cheap ($0.99) Hero alum blocks, Dettol SC, and a small and ever-changing selection of DE blades. So far, I've found Treet SS, German Wilkinsons and Gillette 7 O'Clock (black) blades there, although never more than one kind at a time.

I found out about both of these places in the NC forum, just cruising the old posts. That's also where I found out about Morgan Imports in Durham, where I picked up an Omega Pro 49 boar brush for $12. They carry Omega cream (an almost-Proraso-clone in a tub for around $12) as well.

If you're ever planning to be in the area, give me a PM and I'll show you the local shaving hotspots.

I got my 'mist' from an Indian seller on Ebay. Although it hadn't survived the trip from India unscathed, it was a great way to discover this exotic shaving product. 'Menthol mist' is an understatement. 'Menthol torrent' is a more fitting description. Although the menthol sensation is interesting , I don't find it adds much to my shaving experience. I use it in my shaving rotation every now and then, just for the fun of it.

I have a tube on order from fleaBay. For a while I was shaving with Noxema:glare: skin cleanser creme and cartridge razors, just to get that cooling effect. Imagine my suprise when I discovered they actually made strong, mentolated products intended for shaving!:w00t:

Top Bottom