What's new

Glue for badger brush knot

The knot on my badger brush came out. Any recommendations for gluing it back in? I realize that I don't want it too tight in there, will need to be able to pull it out later, when replacement time comes. For the moment I tried rubber cement, but I doubt that will hold for long, what with the shaking needed to dry it out.

Epoxy is my vote too, it is the strongest answer. An alternative is Silicon. It is sort of temporarily permanent. It is likely to hold as long as you want, and the knot can be removed at anytime with a yank.

I still vote for epoxy.

Another vote for epoxy, particularly the waterproof variety. Tonight I set a new knot from TGN with the epoxy they sold me as well.

$image.jpgMy grandpa let me use his lathe this weekend and I put this omega 599 loft into this padauk handle I made. I was going to use epoxy but he was out so I used the glue you use with hardwood flooring. It was all he had on hand. Been using it all week and it's held up great.

If you want to remove the knot someday, DON'T use epoxy!

Clear silicone will be quite strong enough to hold a knot, yet as Big Jim states, it can be removed with a strong pull.

Top Bottom