What's new

Giving up on Micromatic SE Razors

I've got a few Gem Micromatics that I've been trying to work into my rotation (OCMM and Clog-Pruf) but I've finally decided they're just not for me. Yeah, I get a close shave, but I'm leaving a little too much skin and blood behind in the sink when I'm done! :scared:

I've had great luck with Gem & Ever-Ready 1912 head SEs and also with a Gem Featherweight. I get DFS and BBS shaves from them regularly with little or no irritation.

I know it's not the blades, since I'm using the same Gem SS (Ted Pella) blades in all the SEs. I guess the Micromatics are just too aggressive for my face.

Look for the MMs soon on the BST...there's no point of me keeping them around!

No matter how many people swear that a given razor is great, and that you "need" to give it just one more chance, you have to believe your own experience. Hard to go wrong with a 1912.

I eventually got the Open Comb version of the Micromatic to work for me after a bad start. The Clog-Pruf worked well for me from the beginning. The Bullet-Tip, despite being mild, also gives me a close shave when I get the angle just right. All that said, I just prefer the 1912, and the earlier Gem Junior Bar, for a close, easy shave.

I wonder if its the blade angle. I recently got a GEM push along with some feather blades. the feather blades dont have a spine guard I wonder if that changes the angle enough to make them milder. I get very close shaves and no irritation or weepers. I love my single edge razor.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...EM-Click-Razor-and-Feather-Single-Edge-Blades

Those blades are superior no matter what you load them into. God I hope they never go away. Honestly.

I wonder if its the blade angle. I recently got a GEM push along with some feather blades. the feather blades dont have a spine guard I wonder if that changes the angle enough to make them milder. I get very close shaves and no irritation or weepers. I love my single edge razor.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...EM-Click-Razor-and-Feather-Single-Edge-Blades

It took me a moment trying to figure out what the heck a Gem push was. After clicking your link, I realize now that you are referring to a Gem push button.
I think I need another cup of coffee. :001_tongu

Top Bottom