What's new

Gimme your worst

Ok gents, I have a rather interesting question for you: can you recommend a bad leather cologne? Let me first clarify: I've seen a lot around here about cheaper leather fragrances being described as having a "burnt rubber" or "asphalt" note to them. That's what I'm looking for!:001_huh: I recently managed to weasel my fiancé's favorite cologne (for me) out of her, and it was Scodioli Sentinel. Now, my nose is not very educated, but that stuff really makes me think of old leather jackets, smoky biker bars, and trouble. I liked the scent, and she loved it, but I am not a huge fan of the solid cologne format- too greasy and a bit of a hassle to rub on. Does anyone have any suggestions along these lines? Especially, anyone who has smelled the Sentinel line (aftershave, soap, or cologne), have you come across anything like it? Thank you for indulging my eccentricities!:blush:

Last edited:
You could always mix some gear oil with Clubman Special Reserve.

Oooh! I'll have to remember that when I'm dragging out the Indian for the summer! :laugh: I liked what I read about Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, and then I looked up the price. I may have had a small stroke!

Oooh! I'll have to remember that when I'm dragging out the Indian for the summer! :laugh: I liked what I read about Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, and then I looked up the price. I may have had a small stroke!

I highly recommend Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. I bought a full bottle a while back after sampling it. You should be able to get a free sample at major department stores (Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom). Otherwise, you could order a small decant from a fragrance vendor. A little goes a long way.

$o.3326.jpg

Top Bottom