What's new

Gillette Traveler no 4

Hi!
I posted this razor on Facebook but still need some information about it. I have been told its a Popular Travel Set No. 4 and that is proberly correct.

To My question, I only heard about one other set like this but I guess there are more sets out there but I cant find ANY info about my razor set.

Is there other sets like mine pictured or advertised?
My razor have seen non or very little action and brush/soap is unused.
IMG_20191110_191027.jpg
IMG_20191110_191046.jpg
IMG_20191110_192000.jpg

Last edited:
R

romsitsa

There is no direct proof for its existence, afaik. The only hint is that in 1937 (maybe also 1936) the No. 4. Travelling set was advertised as having a Gillette razor. Other years list it with a two piece razor.

Adam

There is no direct proof for its existence, afaik. The only hint is that in 1937 (maybe also 1936) the No. 4. Travelling set was advertised as having a Gillette razor. Other years list it with a two piece razor.

Adam

Ive been told this is a late. Maybe 1939. I think one set was sold by Razor Emporium but have not yet got that confirmed.

Hi!
I posted this razor on Facebook but still need some information about it. I have been told its a Popular Travel Set No. 4 and that is proberly correct.

To My question, I only heard about one other set like this but I guess there are more sets out there but I cant find ANY info about my razor set.

My razor have seen non or very little action and brush/soap is unused. View attachment 1033912View attachment 1033913View attachment 1033914
What a score!!! Razor envy here but sadly no further info!! Enjoy!!

R

romsitsa

The case is the same, only the stamp changed as with the Aristocrats, in 1938 or 1939, based on this, it could be well be from 1939 (missed that part). But the travelling sets seemingly dissapear a year earlier.
On the other hand lack of ads doesn’t really mean anything, as there are also no ads for the two piece De luxes.

In early 1939 Gillette got a military contract to produce 300 000 razors for the British army and 1940 was already a war year, so I’d opt for not later than 1939.

Adam

Hi!

My razor have seen non or very little action and brush/soap is unused. View attachment 1033912View attachment 1033913View attachment 1033914

Just posted the set I picked up and it's the same as yours albeit without the brush and not Mint. Yours is amazing. Did you track down any other sets in researching yours? I finally have an answer on it being correct case thanks to the awesome members of B&B.

Top Bottom