What's new

Gillette toggle restoration service

Good day,
My name is aurelius from indonesia. Recently i bought gillette toggle f4 from ebay and i would like to get razor restoration service. does anyone know of a good restoration service i could use to have the razor replating with bright nickel. thanks for any thoughts or information. it would greatly be apreciated.

BR,
Tyo

Attachments

• FA7D9185-F239-4C24-A7A7-9A309BD89324.jpeg
    FA7D9185-F239-4C24-A7A7-9A309BD89324.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 18
If it is only replating I would ask a jewelry shop locally in Indonesia. Shipping/plating to europe/USA will be relative expensive.
however a toggle in good condition is valuable! So be carefull

If it is only replating I would ask a jewelry shop locally in Indonesia. Shipping/plating to europe/USA will be relative expensive.
however a toggle in good condition is valuable! So be carefull
I bought the toggle from ebay and sent it to my friend in LA. I would like to get the razor restored prior to ship it to indonesia.

R

romsitsa

Hello, if it works, leave it as is. Toggles are not easy to disassemble/reassemble, the plating on the toggle will wear off, no matter what you do.

Adam

Hello, if it works, leave it as is. Toggles are not easy to disassemble/reassemble, the plating on the toggle will wear off, no matter what you do.

Adam
I think it works, but i see some rust on it. Any idea to remove the rust?

Attachments

• 327CAD0C-2171-495A-AFF1-727FE9A7D543.png
    327CAD0C-2171-495A-AFF1-727FE9A7D543.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
R

romsitsa

The toggle is plated brass, so if it's rust, it should come off rubbing it with your fingers. But it could also be soap residue or grease, aged lacquer, etc.

Adam

Unless it isn't functioning as intended you really shouldn't play with those. The rust had to have come from razor blades. A translucent reddish hue would be more from the lacquer they used to seal the gold wash.

Top Bottom