What's new

Gillette Tech on Steroids

I´ve just had a great shave using a NOS gillette tech, with a Above the Tie handle (Atlas i believe)

Pre: Proraso pre shave cream
Blade: Polsilver first use
Cream: Castle and Forbes Lavender
Post: After Shave Hattric and a few minutes later Acqua Di Parma balsamo dopobarba
Ending with: Grey Flannel eau the toilette

Long Storie Short: I bought in Mercado Libre (our mexican Ebay) a couple of New Old Stock Gillette "Clasica" that basicaly is a Gillette Tech made in Mexico. It comes with plastic handle so i wanted to give it a try. Then i put some stainless handles on it and finally decided that the Above the Tie Short handle would be the one. I believe the name is "Atlas" Handle but not sure. I always got confused with the names of the handles. After that i loaded a new Polsilver blade and began the shave. I have to say that these days i dont do against the grain anymore; i´m happy with a DFS shave so ican shave more frequently.
Finally i have to say that i was not expecting much from the Tech head, but i was really surprised at how well this thing shaves. No nicks, no burn just comfort and that clean sensation we always feels when you got a great shave.

Cheers and thanks for reading

Sergio
gillettetech.jpg

Interesting. I have a couple of razors that that I think would benefit from better handles, a Gillette post war Tech and Gillette Heritage razor. This morning I decided to pull the trigger on a couple of stainless steel West Coast Shaving handles that I hope will improve my shaving experience with these razors. They sell for less than $14 a piece so I figured what the hell.

wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-razor-handles-wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-ra...jpg

wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-razor-handles-wcs-classic-collection-stainless-steel-ra...jpg

Last edited:
I bought the WCS handles solely by length without checking the diameter....
Now I start my morning workout already in bathroom :)
View attachment 1197156
Yeah they didn't have diameters listed. I went by weight, length and knurling. The two I ordered are supposed to be a little shorter than 4" and weigh 78 and 79 grams respectively. I don't think that they will be too long for me as I have done most of my shaving with a Rockwell 6S and it's handle is 3.75 inches long. I was tempted to get the bamboo styled one that you bought but settled on the two I picked out.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Great post! 👍

I use Titanium (TiBam Ti, rusdrunkbear Ti, RazoRock Ti, Timeless TRH6 Ti), Copper (Charcoal Goods, ATT), Brass (Charcoal Goods, Signature Shaving Co., Karve) and Stainless (Maggard, RazoRock, Ikon, Timeless) handles on my Personna "BBS-0", Gillette Tech, Old Type, Goodwill, etc. razors. Really transforms (in a positive way) the feel of the razor. 😎

20201216_143856~2.jpg
20200131_160524~2.jpg
20201030_132813~2.jpg

YMMV

Last edited:
Great post! 👍

I use Titanium (TiBam Ti, rusdrunkbear Ti, RazoRock Ti, Timeless TRH6 Ti), Copper (Charcoal Goods, ATT), Brass (Charcoal Goods, Signature Shaving Co., Karve) and Stainless (Maggard, RazoRock, Ikon, Timeless) handles on my Personna "BBS-0", Gillette Tech, Old Type, Goodwill, etc. razors. Really transforms (in a positive way) the feel of the razor. 😎

View attachment 1197167View attachment 1197169View attachment 1197170

YMMV
Cool but a bit to Sci-Fi for me. I’m waiting far a heavy Yaqi brass handle (chromed) Fatip piccolo style and a Razorock Ufo for my Old Type.

Great post! 👍

View attachment 1197167View attachment 1197169View attachment 1197170

YMMV
BTW An impressive clan of badgers in the background. They look quite like rare island badgers aswell. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom