What's new

Gillette Tech - help matching parts

I cleaned my Techs up today and know for a fact, I have mixed parts and pieces. I'd like to get them back to factory/stock.

I'm guessing the slight difference in gram decimal difference is scale or machining variation. It's the top caps with and without logo, varying blade alignment methods and bases with slot and country differences, that I can't figure out.

Weights of tops caps vary greatly.

Any help is appreciated.

Handles:
1 - Fat - 23.2g
2 - Fat - 22.7g
3 - Fat - 22.9g
4 - Fat - 23.6g
5 - Ball - 36.7g
6 - Ball - 37.3g

Bases:
B1 - 1932 Canada - long slots - 10.8g
B2 - 1932 Canada - long slots - 11.3g
B3 - 1932 Canada - triangle slots - 10.3g
B4 - USA - long slots - 10.8g
B5 - England - long slots - 10.9g

Top caps:
T1 - logo - long align - 11.9g
T2 - logo - long align - 14.7g
T3 - logo - multi align - 15.7g
T4 - no logo - multi align - 13.1g
T5 - no logo - multi align - 14.7g

PXL_20220108_215217747.jpg

My 4 piece travels seem to be a match as the weights line up with each other.

PXL_20220108_221218322.jpg

Per MrRazor, I'm matching up:
1, B3, T5 - Canada, 48g

One down.

Per MrRazor:
6 ball end, B5 England, T2 logo, 63g

Last edited:
I've matched up what I feel are sets or what makes sense based on other threads and pics.

But I get the sense, with how many Tech variations are out there and the number of them sold over the decades....that there are too many variations to be be concerned about a gram here or there or an etched top cap or not.

I've matched up what I feel are sets or what makes sense based on other threads and pics.

But I get the sense, with how many Tech variations are out there and the number of them sold over the decades....that there are too many variations to be be concerned about a gram here or there or an etched top cap or not.
hi with the weights you have listed for the top caps I'm guessing #1 is zamac and the others are all brass. of the etched caps is #1 different than the other two? I've got several techs and my eched cap with the shading over the whole top is zamac while the eched caps with only the diamond logo eched and a polished remainder is brass. thanks for the additional info.

Top Bottom