What's new

Gillette Tech Acquired.:)

I was surfing last night and Ebay came up. I saw a Gillette Tech X-2 (Silvertone) Safety Razor With Box and Blades. Actually, it's in a Red Cross box. The starting bid was only $12.99 plus five bucks to ship. There were no bids and only eight minutes left. I checked the photos and it looked to be in very good condition. So, I took a chance and won it! $17.99.:) It arrives in about a week or so.

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with these razors in Red Cross Boxes. Was this a razor handed out by the Red Cross? Or was it for Red Cross personnel?

Thank you!:) Neat! I just checked the photos again and it does say on the box, "Gift of the American Red Cross."

Pretty excited I was able to get one of these. And the photos show it to be in very good condition. We'll see.:) I'm also curious as to what era it's from.:) I'm hoping the package will have some dates, info, etc.:)

Mark; I for one, am keenly interested on the photographs. Thanks for posting Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

Mark; I for one, am keenly interested on the photographs. Thanks for posting Sir! God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

I'll certainly post photos once I receive it.:) Obviously, there are photos of it on Ebay, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link.

Pretty cool deal. I am always interested in items that may be connected to the military, even indirectly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pretty cool deal. I am always interested in items that may be connected to the military, even indirectly.

Agree.:) I have family members in the military. I'll now be sure to ask them if gifting razors to Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, etc. is still done by the American Red Cross or similar organizations.

I also already own a gillette Super Speed form 1957/1958. it belongs to my late father and is in wonderful shape.:)

I found it last year while cleaning out the bathroom (I purchased my parent's home after otrh had passed away). Finding it, is the reason I returned to traditional wet shaving!

So, I think the Tech will compliment the TTO nicely.:)

BTW, my cleaning was to do a simple soft tootbrush here and there and then running it through the dishwasher. Anything else I may need to do? I haven't used it just yet. But, I'm thinking it's about time.:)

I
BTW, my cleaning was to do a simple soft tootbrush here and there and then running it through the dishwasher. Anything else I may need to do? I haven't used it just yet. But, I'm thinking it's about time.:)

Scrubbing with a toothbrush and dish soap is sufficient, I think. A cycle through the dishwasher is overkill, but it shouldn't harm your razor. If it's dull and needs a little brightening, a mild polish, like Flitz, will put a nice gleam on it.

Scrubbing with a toothbrush and dish soap is sufficient, I think. A cycle through the dishwasher is overkill, but it shouldn't harm your razor. If it's dull and needs a little brightening, a mild polish, like Flitz, will put a nice gleam on it.

Flitz.:) Thank you.:) I'll look for it. The razor could do with a bit of polishing.:)

Nice looking rig. Congrats on finding your father's razor. Unfortunately, my father's DE razor was gone before he died.

Post some pics of his razor too.

Thank you!:) Neat! I just checked the photos again and it does say on the box, "Gift of the American Red Cross."

Pretty excited I was able to get one of these. And the photos show it to be in very good condition. We'll see.:) I'm also curious as to what era it's from.:) I'm hoping the package will have some dates, info, etc.:)

X-2 is the date code, second quarter of 1952.

Top Bottom