What's new

Gillette Posting Falsehoods

To me, the truly sad thing is that LOTS of men who have little extra income at all, buy into this drivel and butcher their faces along about shave 6 and on, till maybe shave 20 or so, maybe longer. ? Shaving every third day, so they look kinds scruffy, but only buy a 6 pack of razors every year.... sad..... when you consider what they could be experiencing with a $10 Tech and 100 pack of Astras for $10.

They mean you'll use it one time and it gets dull. Since the prices are so high you're going to wait for one month before you're going to shave. So yes they're right it DOES last one month :lol:

** Based on 4 shaves per week over average cartridge consumption

Who only shaves 4 times in a week? I probably average 10 shaves per week.

I could see them saying 5 shaves per week. Then they would basically be saying that people take the weekends off. 4 sounds like they decided that people only shave every other day and someone just rounded 3.5 up to 4.

I only get three shaves out of a Fusion cartridge, and the last pass on the third one is dicey. I still get my best shaves on the power proglide though.

This has been discussed before, I believe.

The Gillette advertisement does not state one month of DAILY shaves and apparently assumes that the user shaves only every second or third day.

Highly disingenuous, but then again this kind of Gillette hype is nothing new, is it?

B.

Yeah, a fairly misleading kind of ad....

Nothing new from a big company hoping to still suck in lots of $$$$$

The increase in DE shavers or the existence of a cheaper way of wet shaving is making them a little nervous perhaps....

Just my 2 cents on this...... I will always stay with the DE for my shaves.....

I'm always astonished by the number of 'sensitive' products in supermarket shaving aisles, almost to the exclusion of 'regular' limes. But then, my brother tells me he uses Mach3 carts until the lube strip fall off i.e. three months. Changing carts weekly he considers feckless spendthriftery

I saw the new Pro-Glide commercial last night, the one with the guy standing in front of 30 mirrors in a line. This is classic and "honest" advertising. A completely open-ended claim... up to a month of shaves. Perfectly true statement. No claim of what the average use may be. If one person uses the blade for a month then they are correct. It would be like us in DE shavedom saying "yup to 100 shaves per blade". We know a couple guys who have done that.

I'm one of those lucky guys with moderate beard density, and combined with the fact I shave daily (at least 5x a week) and right out of the shower, I could easily get a month of shaves out of a Mach 3 cartridge and could continue to get more, but decided to get into the habit of changing it out on the first of every month.

One week. Total. Max. Out of any of the Gillette cartridges starting with Trac II and all the way through to the Fusion.

I'm an everyday shaver with a dense, rapidly growing beard. One week was pushing it, and if I'd had more money I would've ditched cartridges at 4 or 5 shaves.

They mean you'll use it one time and it gets dull. Since the prices are so high you're going to wait for one month before you're going to shave. So yes they're right it DOES last one month [emoji38]
+1 very funny. I think that's what I used to do.

I just came from a Gillette fusion and I got that to last me 3 months @ 3 shaves a week. No nicks, and not very close once in the final month. I realise it's a ymmv deal, but I had good luck. Still stupid expensive though.

you didn't read the fine print..

see the vertical word "refill" between 1 and the cartridge

1 refill equals up to 1 month of shaves**

** Based on 4 shaves per week over average cartridge consumption

4, 6 or 8 cartridges in a refill from what i saw...

i'm guessing it's a 4 week month with 4 blades at 4 shaves a week..

http://gillette.com/en-ca/products/...ors/fusion-proglide-power-razor-with-flexball

I'm not one to defend Gillette's marketing practices, but I'm afraid your interpretation - however insightful it might seem at first glance - is off the mark. Your use of term "refill" is actually what Gillette terms a "shipment." If you click on the link to their subscription plans, you'll see they show a price per "cartridge refill" that is the price per cartridge, and that a single Fusion shipment contains four cartridges. Thus, a "refill" is a single cartridge. So yes, Gillette is really saying you can get up to a month of shaves from a single cartridge, averaging four shaves a week. I'm not saying they're right, but they aren't hiding behind the fine print. They are legitimately saying it with a straight face.

5 days on a Fusion cart was pushing it for me, and I was pushing it to try and get my moneys worth. If I could have gone a month on a cart I never would have switched. People fall for the advertising though which is why they get away with it.

Yes - I am amazed that some guys get more than 4-5 shaves out of the high-end, multi-blade carts. Maybe these are younger guys who have not reached the plutonium fiber stage of beard consistency.

Yes - I am amazed that some guys get more than 4-5 shaves out of the high-end, multi-blade carts. Maybe these are younger guys who have not reached the plutonium fiber stage of beard consistency.
That could be. Remember the old credit card test where they would scrape the card across the face to see how smooth it was. Mine beard would tear up that card. Especially some of those wirey white ones.

Top Bottom