What's new

Gillette Platinum VS Bic Platinum

In spite of their sharpness, BICs tend to be very smooth, which is ideal for my sensitive skin.
That is the surprising aspect of the BIC CP. It is a very sharp blade but that is sort of deceiving. We tend to equate a super sharp blade with a blade that is not that smooth overall.

The BIC will fool you. Besides being extra sharp, it is also super smooth. I haven't used any blade that is both as sharp as the BIC while being as smooth as the BIC shaves.

At $11/per-hundred, you are not paying a premium for either sharpness nor smoothness. This makes them less than the Platinum Blue.

The Gillette PERMA-SHARP'S from Russia are very close in sharpness to the BIC's.

I find the PERMA-SHARP'S to preform similar to the slightly more expensive ($14/100) Nacet's. Both are also smooth to me. All are sharper than the Platinum.

I prefer the Gillette platinum over the Bic platinum, l like smoothness and sharpness for my beard type and Gillette platinum blades work well.
I have the Platinum's and think they are a solid, decent blade. I personally have a preference for the GSB's, being the smoother shave for me. The GSB's are sharper but I don't think that is much if a factor here.

If Gillette were to make only one DE blade, I think it would be the Platinum. It is sharp, without being super-sharp. Yet, it gives a fairly smooth shave, without nicking up your face. It lasts about six to seven shaves, with a consistent shave quality.

It is for these reasons, that I think they include it with their Heritage razor. I also believe that the King C. Gillette blade is a repackaged Platinum, meeting their highest quality control standards.

So, how would a BIC compare to a Feather in a 2011 R41 ??? ( That's my setup for that razor). Looking for a 37C, anyone ???? :)
I have an R89 head and an R41 head. Any blade that I use in the R89, I also use in the R41.

The R41 gives a closer shave due to the design of the head. But I don't think that it is any more difficult to shave with the R41. I shave with it on a daily basis. Today's shave was with a Nacet with 6-prior shaves on it.

I use the Feather and the BIC CP in the R41 and get super close shaves from both of them. The Feather does not offer up as comfortable of a shave as does the BIC. The BIC just happens to be a smoother shave.

Both are sharp but neither cut or nick me.

Late to this thread!
I've used and love Bic's and found the Astor Bic Stainless (red pack) to be the best of the bunch.
These and Personna Lab Blue's are my favorites. I used to really like Gillette Platinum's
but the coating apparently started giving me a reaction after shaving so I stopped using them.
The Astor Bic's are even smoother than the Chrome Platinum Bic's. A fantastic blade!
I buy them through Razor Blades Club:

full

Top Bottom