What's new

WTB Gillette Hybrid Tech... PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still looking for a Unicorn Gillette Hybrid Tech.

I'm interested in anything, from boxed NOS to "user grade." Even just the head (without handle) would be good.

Obviously it would be nice to have beautiful set like @Northstonehill Peter's:
Hybrid-Tech.jpg

but as I'm not a collector a "user grade" would be fine. If it was down to the brass, I'd have it replated.

Here's hoping... my intrepid "Mission Impossible" venture continues. :letterk1:

I am almost certain that I can detect HT in a blind test. It is diffrent from EFBT. For me EFBT is a bit more efficient and HT is much smoother. Both of them weren't qualified to my keeper standard so I let them go without hesitation.

I don't understand why in every HT post there are always people claiming HT is not different from EFB in terms of shaving quality.

I don't remember seeing anyone who claims that both razors shave 100% the same, but rather than that they are somewhat similar and close. I find the US NEW LC and the British NEW RFB to be very close and i'm probably not going to be able to tell the difference between the two in a blind test. It would make sense for the Techs and the NEWs to be somewhat comparable, since they are all made around the same time period and their designs are not very different from one another. I've also seen lots of people claiming that both the Hybrid and the FB Tech are similar, but not 100% the same.

As a collectors razor, I think the Hybrid deserves to be more expensive compared to the other Tech's and NEW models, which are a lot more common in comparison, but does it's ''small'' difference in terms of shaving worth it's premium price is where things get a bit muddy and foggy.

In an effort to help Cal, I'll throw a Charcoal Lvl 3 OC into the mix. I'd trade it for a Hybrid Tech or as partial trade. One tooth has a very minor imperfection, however all teeth are straight and shaves as it should (aggressively). More pics available, just noticed I used an old note and can update the date as needed.

20220220_201443.jpg20220220_201506.jpg

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
@Cal , you need to monitor UK Ebay every day — looking at all Gillette sales — because they’re out there in the UK market. You need an eagle eye to spot the Hybrid in listings where the seller has no clue what they’re selling. It just might be listed ‘vintage razor’ or ‘Vintage Gillette’ but if you keep an eye out, you’ll score one. Good luck!

At last, thanks to a very kind B&B Member, my unicorn landed today. :punk:

As I'm in (and hosting) this years FFFMM I'm not going to be able to use it till April. :crying:

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has helped on this thread, and elsewhere, and PMd me too. I really appreciate your help. B&B is just THE BEST PLACE on the internet.

One pic, taken today (more to follow in April):
GHT-1­_2022-03-10.jpg

Thank you again guys; you're the best! :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom