What's new

Gillette English Tech with unusual case.

I received an Gillette English Tech I bought on eBay that had an unusual case. The same case is shown with Gillette #24 English Tech (but not the Gillette English Tech I just got off eBay) in a 1958 ad shown on a B&B thread on Gillette English Techs. I do have a Gillette English Tech that looks like the #24 shown in the ad. That could mean the English Tech I just received was made in 1958 or a year or so after. :w00t:

Congratulations on your purchase.Will look nice when a blue blade is inserted in the window of the lid.As per the price guide of 1958.
Kingie48

I received an English Tech in the exact same case last year. My razor is different tho'. Unmarked, which I thought dated it in the 1940's. But from your ad' it's definately the #24. 1950's then. Nice ad, thanks for the the info.

I received one in near mint condition (one tiny water spot on the cap) today in the same style case (the case is red, not blue). It's the heavy (63g) model English Ball End Tech made from nickel/chromium/whatever over brass. (It's pretty. I'll post a photo in the AM.)

On a side note: I also received a 1957 C1 HECHO EN MEXICO Ball End Tech today. (Cool razor.)

Christopher

Very nice in this red case. I have this 3. The left and the middle are Made in Germany, the right one is Made in England

Very nice in this red case. I have this 3. The left and the middle are Made in Germany, the right one is Made in England
Achim, Thanks for posting these. I've never see that middle variant before. Can't call it a "Ball-end tech" - guess its a "Cylinder-end Tech".

Great another country to start collecting from. :001_rolle Was that the one I saw on US eBay a few weeks ago?

Maybe. (However, since this is the first Mexican SS I've ever seen, heard of, or read about, I suspect it is extremely rare. And if it's extremely rare, I suspect there was only one Mexican SS on eBay in all of 2008. So let's change my maybe into an almost certainly.)

Christopher

Mexico is very interesting. I´ve one SS from Brasil.

That's really cool. (I should mail you the Mexican SS so you can showcase the whole international collection--USA, England, Brasil, and Mexico.)

I wonder what the Mexican SS is called...El Cohete? (The USA model is the Super-Speed, and the England model is the Rocket.)

Of course, this should be in a new thread.

Christopher

Top Bottom