What's new

Gillette 7'Oclock Super Platinum (Blacks) color?

Hello guys,

i noticed that the platinum blacks have this rusty/orange-ish tint in comparison to other blades,

are they normally like that or did they rust?

20190531_103929.jpg

Thanks

it's normal, mine look like that too. they are great blades btw.
Oh yes, funny though i received today a package from tryablade and pretty much the Silver blue, 7 o'clock Sharp edge and super stainless have this Platine-ish color as well :D, happy shaving!

Blades vary in appearance based on the type and thickness of coating applied. the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades in the Black packaging are some of the best blades made by Gillette. The coating is fairly thick, so the first shave is very smooth, but not quite as sharp as the second shave with the blade. They are among my favorite blades, but they do cost more than some of the other blades out there.

Blades vary in appearance based on the type and thickness of coating applied. the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades in the Black packaging are some of the best blades made by Gillette. The coating is fairly thick, so the first shave is very smooth, but not quite as sharp as the second shave with the blade. They are among my favorite blades, but they do cost more than some of the other blades out there.
Let me first disclose that I don't use modern blades anymore and haven't, except now and then to remind myself, for a couple of years . When I was though I found the 7 oclock Super Platinums in the dark blue box to be greatly superior to the black box version. But blades are by far, I believe, the most ymmv part of wet shaving as evidenced by the seemingly thousands of different offerings out there.

Top Bottom