What's new

Gibbs Adjustable - Aftermarket parts

Of course I can do that 👍

I have seen these springs been described as appropriate for the 'Gibbs' razor:

They should be great both in terms dimensions and material. I guess the one who suggested these and used them with great succes have actually taken measurements of an original spring from a 'Gibbs' razor and chosen the one closest to the original 🤔

As you can see via the link. That seller can provide a whole lot of different springs 🙂
Looks like the link for eBay is broken. Would you mind trying to repost? I just ordered a Yaqi Ultima Stainless and I’m following Subie Shaves advice to get a better spring. He uses a replacement from the Rex Ambassador but they are charging $15 for 1 spring, plus shipping. My goal is to get a very high quality spring, in line with what Rex sources for the Ambassador. Full disclosure, I tried the Ambassador but found it too blade forward / aggressive for me.

Found this on Amazon:

Looks like the link for eBay is broken. Would you mind trying to repost? I just ordered a Yaqi Ultima Stainless and I’m following Subie Shaves advice to get a better spring. He uses a replacement from the Rex Ambassador but they are charging $15 for 1 spring, plus shipping. My goal is to get a very high quality spring, in line with what Rex sources for the Ambassador. Full disclosure, I tried the Ambassador but found it too blade forward / aggressive for me.

Found this on Amazon:
I think the ones you have found on amazon is the exact same ones, but here is a new link:

0.8mmx10mmx15mm 304 Stainless Steel Compression Springs 20pcs | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/353966502852?hash=item526a0c33c4&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8ERdeiHPb9GrvJF4PxrNg95u8Ahxax4VGqmXLlFIOjCDXDaoB6BOCKD7cPQT%252FRgm4LjM7qiQmi5SjbmOWLvNZ4xD28y%252FlPpn9n8vzSoV%252BaWL50qPHHzSihIABgRIwyUSzEzHxVTR9znvlY85yHAnR6Z%252Fu%252BmJi01QtzHYOWRoTuAEuP2MO15apXMSGnlV7i1KL17X3%252B0rI1m03P4FoerkcyqA%252Fj5cSJ%252FECzU%252Ff7BDKP0nKqMTjOu6Br35YRYSMTsCC1FVC9Oj8%252F7VKpYhTGVmyzhScPHggoZCD2RLGhkjAkadG89aJhotwhZCa87xdbAMQg%253D%253D%7Campid%3APL_CLK

thanks very much! Does anyone know if these are a similar gauge / quality to the Rex springs? I’ll probably wait for the Ultima to actually show up and shave with it before buying the springs!

I don't think the spring used in the Rex razor is unique in any way, but I could be wrong. I must admit I'm not informed about the dimensions of the spring used.

That being said I have used the springs I linked earlier in the Gibbs 'Adjustable' model and the Russian 'Taiga'-razor both with great success.

I don't think the spring used in the Rex razor is unique in any way, but I could be wrong. I must admit I'm not informed about the dimensions of the spring used.

That being said I have used the springs I linked earlier in the Gibbs 'Adjustable' model and the Russian 'Taiga'-razor both with great success.
ordered a set on eBay. If anyone needs 1, happy to PIF

They all use the same spring regardless of what they want you to believe.

The shaft on the centre plate is 8mm and the cavity that holds the spring has an internal dimension of just over 10mm. Its pretty much the strongest spring that will fit without binding.

They all use the same spring regardless of what they want you to believe.

The shaft on the centre plate is 8mm and the cavity that holds the spring has an internal dimension of just over 10mm. Its pretty much the strongest spring that will fit without binding.
I guess for 12 bux, I’ll have some of these to share with the Gibbs style razor community. Maybe this one is better than what will come in my Yaqi but I suspect you are correct.

Outside of the Frugal Shaves 3d printed tabs on ebay, are there any other aftermarket ones available? I thought I read somewhere that there was a copper/metal set of tabs someone makes

Top Bottom