What's new

Getting the real shaving bug

Dear all,

Not sure how you all got into 'quality shaving' but I happened to see some safety razor blades (Derby) whilst on holiday in Turkey - I bought them because they were quaint and so reasonably piced and then set about finding a razor to put them in - I'm always up for a challenge.

Once I found a good safety razor and tried it out, I wondered why I'd been previously conned into the latest gillette four or five blade per device, £10 per pack, little electric vibrating gizmo razors, when all along a single blade and quality safety razor does the job better and far more enjoyable. I've yet to try real shaving soap though (still using the stuff in a can - sorry!)

Can anyone advise on a good 'starter' soap that I should try? - I'm in the UK.

Best wishes

Dave

Welcome to the forum mate. You can get an erasmic shave stick in boots for 69p and also the erasmic soap bowls which are excellent and cheap soaps, I use them often. For easy to get creams, boots and superdrug both hold palmolive cream and ingrams cream as well. Any more questions don't be afraid to as here or via PM

Happy Shaving

Welcome to B&B. Since you are a starter my advise would be to start with creams instead of soaps. For a beginner it's easier to create a good slick lather from cream IMHO (but YMMV :biggrin:). I would recommend Palmolive Classic shaving cream, it's great stuff, cheap and it must also be easy to get in the UK.

Welcome to B&B :thumbup1:

dont forget to get a brush too, the edwin jagger best badger brush is the exact same brush as the C&E BBB you will see recommended here often for a starter brush, it can be found for under 19 bp (british pounds) link

Top Bottom