What's new

Get supply raising prices

Received an email from Supply yesterday stating they will soon be raising the prices of their razors. They are also changing blade manufacturers and including all three baseplates with the razor when the changes take place. So, if anyone has been kicking around purchasing one, now may be the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191014-105546_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-105546_Gmail.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20191014-105554_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20191014-105554_Gmail.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 56
I saw this. The blade price increase is pretty damn steep, I might have to look for different injector blade.

Chrome alloy? I have a polished 2.0 inbound from BST and just picked up the remaining plates from Supply which just got put in the mail today. Looking forward to it. I get Schick blades on Amazon. Always have an eye out for vintage...

Well I guess I will see what the hub-bub is about on the V2 first. But I have several "heavy" weights in the den, Timeless Bronze, Karve etc. Looking forward to giving the V2 my full attention.

You should be happy with it. I haven't shaved with mine in quite awhile. Been using DE's instead for some reason lol.

I believe they are comparing it to the vintage Schicks which are all light, facile razors. I like my Supply, but I also like my Schicks.

I’m not liking this trend of $150 razors lately. There’s obviously a market for it though. I wish them well.

I’d have preferred a thinner head to a lighter one personally. Gave up my v2 for a vintage Schick M Adjustable and haven’t looked back.

Haven't used a vintage injector. But agree that the "supply" head can be quite cumbersome. Don't understand why, but I prefer the DE's right now.

Yeah, I've been on a DE kick for a few months now, but I do love the way the Supply razor shaves. When you put the aggressive setting on, it shaves REALLY close. I personally like the weight of it, and find it overall to be a really intuitive shaver. I might have to bring that up in the rotation soon lol.

He also mentioned a new type of injector, with free lifetime blades.....I'm thinking it's a totally new razor, other than the current Supply and the coming Chrome Alloy. (Anybody else equate Chrome Alloy to Chrome over Zinc Alloy in their minds, which would explain the price being 1/2 of the new price of the existing model, after the price increase).

Guess it's a boon to current owners looking to sell.

Hopefully it isn't a proprietary blade. That might turn some people off. And I agree with the chrome alloy, explains the lower cost. I wonder if the "free blades for life" will be an added expense you pay up front, or just included with the razor?

He also mentioned a new type of injector, with free lifetime blades.....I'm thinking it's a totally new razor, other than the current Supply and the coming Chrome Alloy.
I understood it to mean a new blade and blade delivery system for the current razor. I could be very wrong of course. Their current one is fairly cheap feeling.

I'm sure you're right! I probably misunderstood. The whole "we have designed a new blade injector" hopefully means it's just made better.

I think we have all known for decades that the Peronna injector housing is junky. Maybe they have been getting complaints in this regard.

Top Bottom