What's new

GEM Comparison Table / Guide

How would you rate a Gem Jr. Parade in terms of efficiency compared to a Gem Featherweight and a Gem Pushbutton?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
How would you rate a Gem Jr. Parade in terms of efficiency compared to a Gem Featherweight and a Gem Pushbutton?
You can use the chart on page 1 as a quick reference, The Gem Jr Parade is a 1912 model and just use it as a reference it on the chart . If you look where the handle screws into the base it will say 1912 even if the parade was made in the 1940's. (It's a reference to the 1912 Damaskeene closed comb basic model features, Gem sold millions of them over the decades.)
All three models you mentioned are efficient and it's hard to pick the most efficient depending on your technique maturity, but the Gem Jr Parade would be the most efficient of the 3 IMO. Use it for at least 6 shaves to dial it in and you will enjoy it even more that way IMO, the Gem Featherweight and Gem Pushbutton are very enjoyable razors also but slightly less efficient.

Thanks Ron! I’m new to Gems, but am a big fan after having used the Gem Featherweight, which was my first Gem experience. Looking now for something a little more efficient, so it sounds like the Gem Jr Parade will do the trick. I’ll follow your advice about the 6 shaves and see how it goes compared to the Featherweight.

Look what I found in the wild on Friday........

1683560876815.jpeg

Looking forward to shaving with this beauty.

Is there a difference between a 1930’s Ever Ready 1912 razor and a 1930’s Gem 1912 chain handle razor? They both look the same to me.

Top Bottom