What's new

Gamer Dads

Great story! I remember when my dad bought the family a Commodore 64. I think my first game was pitfall.
Thank you bud for taking the time to read my story. That's frickin cool, pitfall was actually pretty entertaining. It was simple fun, only it wasn't so simple.

Great story! I remember when my dad bought the family a Commodore 64. I think my first game was pitfall.

I had on of those too. Hard to believe that we have gone from that to the things like Skyrim I am playing on my current computer.

20161215180107_1.jpg

20160715230004_1.jpg

Old guts like me will remember that Mattel had a whole line of these handheld games starting in 1977. Football, basketball, soccer, and baseball.

Old guts like me will remember that Mattel had a whole line of these handheld games starting in 1977. Football, basketball, soccer, and baseball.
I've played those and currently have the baseball one, usually you can find them pretty cheap at thrift stores or flea markets. The football one is a little harder to come by though without having to purchase online anyway.

Those visuals are breath taking.
Thanks to a lot of talented modders out there. The character is one that I made myself and my wife turned it into a follower and posted it up on a modding site.(I can't figure out how to work the creation kit that well....) But without a lot of other very talented people, the textures and lighting wouldn't look that good.

Thanks to a lot of talented modders out there. The character is one that I made myself and my wife turned it into a follower and posted it up on a modding site.(I can't figure out how to work the creation kit that well....) But without a lot of other very talented people, the textures and lighting wouldn't look that good.
Well hats off to all of them for that, because they're seriously amazing. Outstanding job!

We ended up grabbing one and she loves it. I may have to introduce her to the world of Hyrule in the near future.
That's awesome to hear I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. It won't be long before she gets lost in the world of Hyrule.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I am 54 I still love gaming. We have no children though and the cats don't seem to be in to it. I am patiently waiting for 6-19 to pick up TLOU2.

I play Minecraft with my 8 year old from time to time. He now plays online with his school mates. Sometimes I get in on their world and the kids get a kick out of it because their parents aren’t as cool as me. LOL

We will occasionally play different games on the PS4. The kids got the VR goggles for Christmas and that was a hit for a while. Before the shelter in place stuff happened my middle schoolers friends always wanted to come over. Since my wife works for PS and we have lots of games and all the gear. I served his friend a soda in a God Of War pint glass and he absolutely lost his mind. LOL

Our neighbor who has resisted buying a console for his middle school son forever. He told me his son was asking again. We had an extra console since she has won two at work raffles. We gave them a PS4 and probably 10 or so games the day before yesterday. Now we are his sons hero. The dad is now geeking hard on PS. He’s have fun playing with the kids and they enjoy kicking his butt. It’s nice to share the joy with good people.

42 here and I don't suspect I'll stop gaming at any point in my life. I started with the Atari 2600 and I'm looking forward to the PS5 this year. I'm playing Assassin's Creed: Origins right now. So far, two of my three kids are also gamers.

Top Bottom