What's new
  • The Annual Sue Moore Auction is now running from 19 - 21 October. Every year proceeds from this auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Please take a look at the items that are available this year, as there is sure to be something of interest to everyone!

Futur Vs Superspeed

Well all done and where the futur is nice and heavy and does all the work for you I found the SS needs a little help,So the prep went a little like this fitted new Personna Platinum-Chrome blade had a quick shower while my brush soaked in hot water then whipped up a great lather (even if I do say so myself) applied a nice even coat and set to work. And yes while the razor is light and small (well that how it seems to me) it went through 2 days growth in 2 passes under the nose was easy and over all a great shave..... But now for the but.. I found it to light for me and a touch small in my hands as due to a lot of Extreme sports my hands are a little F**ked and not a lot of feeling in there. So maybe this one may get put to the back and I will wait to get the FB for those days when I want the vintage feel

The slim has a lower profile head than the fatboy so easier to shave under the nose, but it still has a good heft to it.Get one and give it a try, they are also cheaper than the fb.

Just think the slim is a touch small for me but it did give me a great shave as does my futur but want a FB and when I can trade I will put the SS along with a leather man wave multi tool.

Which SS are you using?

I have a '59 Flare Tip SS and a 48-49 as well. The '59 is definitely more aggressive (and IMHO better balanced for the job) than the 48-49.

Its a 1953 like I said its nice but due to my hands just need something with a bit more girth :lol: hence the Futur and my vintage dream FB

Top Bottom