What's new

Frog Legs

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yuuuuummmmmy!!!

You might ask, what do they taste like?" Well, they taste like a cross between Bald Eagle and Sea Turtle. Not really!!

The only thing that tastes better is alligator tail.

The last time I had frog legs it was cooked in butter and garlic. (Frog Legs Provencal). It was delicious.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Used to have those from time to time when I was a kid. Last time was several years ago from a big old bullfrog that came from my pond. With all the rain this year the bullfrogs are sure making noise. I think I may have to get out my .22.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Used to have those from time to time when I was a kid. Last time was several years ago from a big old bullfrog that came from my pond. With all the rain this year the bullfrogs are sure making noise. I think I may have to get out my .22.
I'm headed your way. I've got my Ruger 10/22 (25 round clip) with me and some lump charcoal.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I'm headed your way. I've got my Ruger 10/22 (25 round clip) with me and some lump charcoal.

You're on! Just let me know when so I can have some beer cold.

I've got a 3X9 scope on my 10/22, along with THREE 25 round magazines and a couple of 10 round ones. Last frog I got was with the little Colt New Frontier .22 SAA. We'll also use my 1,000 lumen spotlight and see who can get the most. There are tons of them out there. Big bass also.

dsc_0002-2-jpg.917991

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I used to eat them all the time when I was growing up. They were on many menus in Southeast Texas.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
My grandfathers would shoot 'em and make me go fetch 'em. Both usually had usually partaken too much homemade corn likker to get up out of the boat.

I preferred gigging them to wading into dark ponds.

Didn't care much for cleaning them but sure loved eating them.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
My grandfathers would shoot 'em and make me go fetch 'em. Both usually had usually partaken too much homemade corn likker to get up out of the boat.

I preferred gigging them to wading into dark ponds.

Didn't care much for cleaning them but sure loved eating them.

I don't use a boat...I shoot 'em while they are on the other side of the pond bank, then walk around to go pick them up.

I am interested in your Granddads' homemade corn likker recipe though.

Right up the road from me in Fellsmere, FL is the famous Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival. It’s been held for something like 30 years, every January. Frog legs, gator tail, live music, carnival rides, it’s a lot of fun and tons of people from all over show up for it.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Aaaron:
I love mine 'classically' sautéed frogs’ legs in brown butter w/ chopped scallions, garlic, cracked sea salt & blk pepper. :thumbsup:

Frog Legs.png
"Frog [legs] are mythical, delicate creatures. They deserve respect". Christophe Marguin

Had them once, many years ago. Today, if I'm going to eat something that tastes like chicken, i'd rather just eat chicken. I mean, I'd eat them if you put them in front of me, but they're just not my first choice if ordering from a menu.

Not usually something you find on the menu here in Toronto.

I did have it a few years back while in Paris. Snails and frog legs were quite delicious, I’ve had snails locally since then though.

I have them occasionally, much more when I was a kid and my grandpa's next door neighbor used to let me clean his frog catch. I usually see them fried, but they're fine just about any way you cook them. I ate a lot more game as a youngster than as a grown up. I think more people hunted when I was young. We had squirrel, rabbit, frog, duck, and wild goose on a pretty regular basis (not to mention lots of freshwater fish). I didn't try venison until I was older

I have them occasionally, much more when I was a kid and my grandpa's next door neighbor used to let me clean his frog catch. I usually see them fried, but they're fine just about any way you cook them. I ate a lot more game as a youngster than as a grown up. I think more people hunted when I was young. We had squirrel, rabbit, frog, duck, and wild goose on a pretty regular basis (not to mention lots of freshwater fish). I didn't try venison until I was older
My uncle hunted when I was little so we had venison on the regular. I’ve always had other game like rabbit and duck, but I find it much easier to get game meats from the grocery store than ever before.

Top Bottom