What's new

French shaving soap: Montgommery

My confidence is rising that I might be able to spend my summer vacation in France. Covid might spoil that plan but currently it looks as if the borders might be open again and I might not have to stay in quarantine after returning home to Germany. So, let's hope for the best.

After having started to love my Martin de Candre soap I plan to buy some MdC while being in France. In fact, I found a seller who is shipping cheaply in continental France. And, I learned, he offers some other shaving soaps and creams with french origin that sound interesting and of which I am not aware as they are - to say the least - not common in Germany. I have not found any thread in the B&B fora so I plan to open up some threads each dealing with one french soap or soap maker to see if there is somebody with experience in the B&B community willing to share their experiences.

First is the soap factory (artinasale) Montgommery in the Calvados. They only sell three shaving soaps in the scents forêt, terre d'orient and agrumes. These are no tallow soaps based on biological coconut oil (according to the homepage). As I seem to have a slight Agrumes affection I tend to try the Montgommery Agrumes. Has anybody tried the Montgommery soaps (any of them)? How do they lather? I am very curious...

Thanks and stay safe, Chris

Top Bottom