What's new

Freezing a soap in a Vacuum bag for future use.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Italian barber decided to end this soap run a few years ago (its one of my favorites) and decided to store one in the freezer and was watching a video on lavender soap and something clicked that I almost forgot about it and pulled it out today. I was reading years ago on B&B about a fellow who bought a lot of this soap and placed them in the freezer worried they might not make it anymore. The fragrance was still there and I noticed some condensation formed on the top lid as it cooled off and there was a air pocket in the tub.
My experiment 2 years ago will soon conclude if I will regret or will reap the rewards! I know some forks buy the Cella in the 1KG pack and cut a chunk off and freeze the rest. But no one really mentions results from the test of time in a freezer and if the soap has deteriorated at all or is it still as good as the day it was bought.
Just wondering if others have tried this practice?
Froze some Razorock Lavender 2 years ago and decided to start to use it..jpg

Have some great shaves!

I have some shrinkwrapped (food saver) RazoRock - Christmas in Tuscany.

Every time I open it and use some, it's as fresh and good as the day I bought it. I did it to preserve the scent.

I store my under the sink, no freezer or fridge.

Sometimes I freeze coffee beans when I stock up too much (>2-3 weeks worth of beans, different hobby :D ). Anyway, when you want to use them, remove the package from the freezer, and immediately put it in the fridge. After several hours (at least 6h imo) you can remove it from the fridge. You can avoid condensation this way.

I posted this in the soap forum recently .. I split a kilo of Cella with my brothers in Feb 2019. We put 2oz in a container for immdiate use and vacuum sealed the remainder in 2oz blocks. I stored mine under the sink in the bathroom. I opened one of the bags last month and it was just as fresh and performed as well as the day I packaged it almost 3 years ago.

cella 1.jpg

cella 2.jpg

Ron R

I posted this in the soap forum recently .. I split a kilo of Cella with my brothers in Feb 2019. We put 2oz in a container for immdiate use and vacuum sealed the remainder in 2oz blocks. I stored mine under the sink in the bathroom. I opened one of the bags last month and it was just as fresh and performed as well as the day I packaged it almost 3 years ago.

View attachment 1366922

View attachment 1366924
They do have preservatives in the soap, Hard triple milled soaps I would not have a problem with storage because they are in solid form and have better protection from any nasties.
Freezing the croap under a vacuum (I already had the Food saver vacuum)would be the best alternative I was thinking and that is what I did. Breaking Cella into 2 to 3 oz portions is a good way of preserving the soap like you fellows did also under a vacuum from air.

Reactions: Anu

Ron R

Today was my first shave with my unthawed Razorock Lavender after 2 years in the freezer and it performed well with that pleasant masculine scent I really like. When I use this soap it is very rare to get weepers over the years, excellent protection. (discontinued for now.)
ASRazor shave, Nov 23rd 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA Shovel head)+ a ER streamliner strop handle, Mfg 1919-24 Excellent mid range, rear loading, great audio feedback, great results.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented soap, excellent lather qualities.(misted) 3rd tub started.
Brush: Yaqi Goblin 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(balm) + unscented.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my ER 1924 with a coated blade.
SOTD, Nov 23, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom