What's new

Free standing shave/wash stands with mirror and bowel?

In another post, I saw mention of a wash basin type piece of furniture that can be used for shaving and storing your supplies. I love this idea. My SO has taken over the little space we do have in the bathroom and I have no room at all. Especially if we are getting ready at the same time. I would love to find something I could setup in the bedroom where I could hang my towels, fill a bowl with HOT water, store my creams and shave.

Anyone here use such a thing? I have google'ed around a bit but have only found high priced antique furniture.

Anyone have some great improvising they do? Ikea mods? :)

As I am wanting to get into straight shaving, something heavy enough to support me pulling on a strop from it would be great.

Forrest

I've seen them once or twice in antique shops but nowhere else I'm afraid. And you may want to get a mod to change the thread title, you typed bowel!

And you may want to get a mod to change the thread title, you typed bowel!

:) Well, first Freudian slip of the day I guess. Just to clarify, I am NOT looking for a commode that I can shave at. I need a wash basin or bowl!

Thanks,
Forrest.

Depending on how handy you are, converting something modern from Ikea/Target/WallyMart could be viable. Adding on towel hanger(s) to the side should be easy. As for the bowl, if you got a nice semi deep bowl w/a lip, you could just cut out a circle(the lip would hide sloppy cuts), and slip it in there. It would be rem removable also. A mirror for this setup should be easy to find.

In another post, I saw mention of a wash basin type piece of furniture that can be used for shaving and storing your supplies. I love this idea. My SO has taken over the little space we do have in the bathroom and I have no room at all. Especially if we are getting ready at the same time. I would love to find something I could setup in the bedroom where I could hang my towels, fill a bowl with HOT water, store my creams and shave.

Anyone here use such a thing? I have google'ed around a bit but have only found high priced antique furniture.

Anyone have some great improvising they do? Ikea mods? :)

As I am wanting to get into straight shaving, something heavy enough to support me pulling on a strop from it would be great.

Forrest

Hey you stole my idea, from the other thread! J/K!

I did check out the Ikea site, and some of their wash stands may work, unfortunately there isn't and Ikea near me, and I want to see if it will work before I buy!
I'm going to look around tomorrow a bit to see if I can find anything workable and affordable.

Hey you stole my idea, from the other thread! J/K!

I did check out the Ikea site, and some of their wash stands may work, unfortunately there isn't and Ikea near me, and I want to see if it will work before I buy!
I'm going to look around tomorrow a bit to see if I can find anything workable and affordable.

Cool PKHammer, let me know what you find. I do have an Ikea about 20 miles away that I might get to this weekend if the weather is good (motorcycle). If so I will take a look around.

Forrest.

Actually looking at Home Depot's site, they have some bath cabinets that may work as well. Ahhh the choices!!! Its just like everything else with this. I hope I don't get SSAD (Shave Stand AD, that is!)

get a typical stand type double double mirror, I got one at ikea that actually has a stainless steel bowl as the base although the bowl isn't deep enough to hold water it is fine for putting razors or brushes in, it is all brushed stainless and was only $20

then perhaps checkout something like a vase offered by georgetown pottery and a matching large bowl, if you check around flea markets or amish markets you may be able to find something like that cheap

I always thought it'd be awesome to modify one of those kitchen sink sprayers to fit inside an antique pitcher and then make a shaving stand type sink setup where the pitcher is used to fill the sink. It might take a little getting used to pouring from a pitcher with a hose attached at the bottom, but when not in use, it'd look vintage.

Top Bottom