What's new

Frank shaving G4 synthetic

Just purchased a frank G4 synthetic brush from amazon.co.uk for £7. Hopefully i will receive it tomorrow and i will post a review soon after.

Does anybody have experience with this brush?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I got the G4 from Amazon as well, but I am in the US. The knot is fine. The handle is really poor. But I wanted to see what all the fuss was about regarding the G4 and how it is supposed to be an STF knot. This is the amazon pic of the one I have. Well worth the really cheap price. Its even $2 cheaper than when i got it. :)

Franks G4 Brush.jpg

I really like the g4 synthetic. It has more backbone than like the tuxedo in my opinion but still very soft. It lathers quicker than any brush I own.

With such a small sum I took a chance and it worked out. The package took the long way around the globe, but it got here. Politically, I would rather not buy stuff from there, coming from the rust belt, but it is unavoidable at times. I figure nearly all the hair, if not the knots come from China anyway

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
With such a small sum I took a chance and it worked out. The package took the long way around the globe, but it got here. Politically, I would rather not buy stuff from there, coming from the rust belt, but it is unavoidable at times. I figure nearly all the hair, if not the knots come from China anyway
Oh, it was not any kind of a political statement that I am not interested in shipping from China. I just dont like to wait that long for my shaving stuff to arrive. As much as its a tough pill to swallow, most all knots and lots and lots of brushes come from China anyway.

It was a long wait. Lately it's been a long wait for stuff coming from the east coast for me. I once ordered a watch from Russia and it took three months to arrive via Russian post.

I picked up one of these from Amazon recently as well and have to agree that it's a very nice knot in a not-so-nice handle.
I was only interested in the knot anyway and was hoping it would be relatively easy to extract from the handle.
Luckily it was, there was very little glue holding everything together and it came out easily and cleanly without any damage.
The knot currently resides in a 3D printed handle and I'm enjoying it very much. Definitely more backbone than a Yaqi knot but still nice and soft.
I paid under £6 for the brush because there was a 15% off voucher. On the Frank Grooming Aliexpress shop the same knot alone would cost me £13.
Daft or what.

IMG_4373.JPGIMG_4374.JPGIMG_4376.JPG

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I picked up one of these from Amazon recently as well and have to agree that it's a very nice knot in a not-so-nice handle.
I was only interested in the knot anyway and was hoping it would be relatively easy to extract from the handle.
Luckily it was, there was very little glue holding everything together and it came out easily and cleanly without any damage.
The knot currently resides in a 3D printed handle and I'm enjoying it very much. Definitely more backbone than a Yaqi knot but still nice and soft.
I paid under £6 for the brush because there was a 15% off voucher. On the Frank Grooming Aliexpress shop the same knot alone would cost me £13.
Daft or what.

View attachment 1262814View attachment 1262815View attachment 1262816
That is awesome. I should do that with mine. Did you download the handle model?

Daft or what.

View attachment 1262814View attachment 1262815View attachment 1262816
I have a G4 just like the one you dismantled. The handle does have a cheap feel but the knot is great. Has the most backbone out of my synbad and tuxedo

Top Bottom