What's new

Fragrances similar to Pre de Provence Aromatic, Warm and Spicy, No. 63 Shave Soap

Hello,
I currently have a large selection of shave soaps and some creams. By far my favorite scent in all of them is the Pre de Provence No. 63 shave soap. I would really like to pair this soap with a similar fragrance (Edt, cologne or any option), so I was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions that I could shop around for.

This is how the smell is described online
  • Masculine fragrance with a peppery, citrus top note rounded by woody cedarwood, juicy plum and violet leaves that finish into an ambery base of leather and tobacco

P.S
After I did some research on spicy fragrances (Like the name of the soap suggests), I tried "La Nuit de l'homme by YSL" and "Terre d'Hermes by Hermes". Even though both smelled great, I did not find them similar enough to the shave soap.

Thanks for any help

L'Occitane Eau des Baux is in the same neighborhood. Overall a bit sweeter with a smoky topnote, but I was immediately reminded of it when I smelled No.63 the first time.

L'Occitane Eau des Baux is in the same neighborhood. Overall a bit sweeter with a smoky topnote, but I was immediately reminded of it when I smelled No.63 the first time.

^agree with this

Attachments

• $image.jpeg
    $image.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 138
Thanks for the help,
I will probably try the occitane EDT.
Jpipes: Have you smelled Pre de Provence 63 compared to Hanae Mori Him and Spicebomb or did you make the suggestion from the description I posted?

Let me know if there are any other recommendations,
Thanks

Thanks for the help,
I will probably try the occitane EDT.
Jpipes: Have you smelled Pre de Provence 63 compared to Hanae Mori Him and Spicebomb or did you make the suggestion from the description I posted?

Let me know if there are any other recommendations,
Thanks
Yes, I own the 63, Spicebomb, and Baux and have sampled HiM extensively in the past. Of the three fragrances, I personally think that 63 is least like Baux (due to its heavy dose of cypress). They're all awesome though.

Hello,

Does anyone have any other suggestion?
I will probably buy Hanae Mori HiM next week, but it is going to have to be a blind buy since I did not find it were I am at. So any other suggestion would be welcomed.

P.S, I was able to try L'occitane and Spicebomb and did not find the similar enough.

Thanks,
Fredy

Thanks a lot for the advice!! I went ahead and purchased Hanae Mori HiM (and a small bottle of HM)and was exactly what I was looking for. I have never had an Eau de Parfume and you can really tell the difference with EDT and colognes!
Thanks again

Top Bottom