What's new

Found some Gillette Thins in the wild…. what are these?

IMG_6099.jpeg

Went to a craft/antique fair with the better half today, no razors but I did find these and only paid $2 for them but would have paid more as it was interesting talking to the 86 year old man that sold them to me, he even told me his father shaved with Treet single edge blades. Anyway I did some googling and can’t quite come up with a date range on these particular Thins and I don’t really want to open them to see the date code, they make for a nice memory of a conversation with a stranger, plus shaving with vintage blades is not really my thing. Anybody know how old these are?

View attachment 1736153

Went to a craft/antique fair with the better half today, no razors but I did find these and only paid $2 for them but would have paid more as it was interesting talking to the 86 year old man that sold them to me, he even told me his father shaved with Treet single edge blades. Anyway I did some googling and can’t quite come up with a date range on these particular Thins and I don’t really want to open them to see the date code, they make for a nice memory of a conversation with a stranger, plus shaving with vintage blades is not really my thing. Anybody know how old these are?
The Gillette Thins were made I think from the late 1930's to the 1980's (?) They were Gillette's 'economy' blade. I suspect yours are from the 1970's from the Gillette font used and price tag.

Nice little score!

The Gillette Thins were made I think from the late 1930's to the 1980's (?) They were Gillette's 'economy' blade. I suspect yours are from the 1970's from the Gillette font used and price tag.

Nice little score!

The conversation I had with the older gentleman selling them was worth the price alone, the blades were just a nice addition. We both guessed the seventy’s also, I have an early 70s lady Gillette that I picked up NIB awhile ago that used the same font type.

Top Bottom