What's new

Found - Soligen Seven Day set

A nice set with worked backs and potentially ivory scales at 30/blade! I wouldn't have needed any additional pictures for sure... sounds like a winner to me. Hopefully we'll see them in their full glory sometime soon.

Ivory if they pass the hot needle test, I would say. I can see the Schreger lines from here.

Those are really stunning, and worth multiples of what they sold for. If anyone has seen a nicer 7 day set outside of something custom, please let me know, I would love some pictures.

I need to stop looking at this thread, it makes me depressed that someone lucked out so hard - and slightly bummed that the future owner has decided to remain anonymous, I am sure a lot of us would at least like to congratulate him on a fantastic score.

Ivory if they pass the hot needle test, I would say. I can see the Schreger lines from here.

Those are really stunning, and worth multiples of what they sold for. If anyone has seen a nicer 7 day set outside of something custom, please let me know, I would love some pictures.

I need to stop looking at this thread, it makes me depressed that someone lucked out so hard - and slightly bummed that the future owner has decided to remain anonymous, I am sure a lot of us would at least like to congratulate him on a fantastic score.

Dude, you've already outed yourself as a antique store stalker, you think the new owner wants people to know who he is?:eek:

What piqued my interest, is that they look an awful lot like a razor I have:
proxy.php

But upon closer inspection, the pattern looks suspiciously just like this Dorko, that Shavingshop is selling for about the same price that entire set went for:
proxy.php

Doesn't really even matter if they are ivory or not, the blades themselves are most surely top-notch shavers one and all.

Next time you go antiquing, SoulSHine, remember me!

Last edited:
Looks like a nice set of Zeepk razors to me. :biggrin: If I keep telling this to myself enough, maybe it will ease the pain of them not being mine.

If anyone has seen a nicer 7 day set outside of something custom, please let me know, I would love some pictures.
it's a matter of taste, i have few sets that i like the looks of a lot better, but i am really not into too much ornamentation.

This is the first time I've ever seen engraving on a straight before. Is that common? I have an uncle that is a really good engraver I wonder if he could make some money engraving straights.

I just picked up a schulze espe, its on it's way. Same worked back and everything. Paid about the same amount.
Beautiful razors.

I'm not even a straight razor man (just a fascinated DE guy on the verge of diving into the deep end), and I saw what a great buy those were!

Someone is indeed happy... I had no idea there were "different day of the week" straights. Is that to ensure that there's no dulling on any given day, as you can work through the set and sharpen them all at once?

Top Bottom