What's new

Found my holy grail set-up!

After a year of wet-shaving I'm pretty sure I found my sweet spot when it comes to products and tools:

Mühle R89
Featherblade
Proraso white pre-shave
Le Père Lucien
Speick Active aftershave
(Nivea Sensitive balm)

Things I like to implement once in a while: Mühle R41 (longer beard), MWF, Cella, Proraso soaps (white/red), Floid Blue and Pinaud Clubman.

Now I'm left with a fairly large amount of other products/blades that I'll most probably not use in the future... Do you guys go through everything you buy in the hope it will work in the long run?

Ps: If you are doubting LPL soap, for me it's truly exceptional and shines in every department. Amazing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about your razor history. Have you tried Merkur or Jagger razors? Vintage Gillette's? I haven't tried any Muhles and i'd like to know how it compares to other well-known razors. Thanks for any feedback!

I'm getting close to declaring my grail set-up complete. But I won't ever stick to it exclusively. While I approach greatness, I will still have all my other soaps, creams, aftershaves, and colognes to use and enjoy. I can see using my grail set-up (with TGS Bergamotto Neroli products) at least once or twice a week.

glad youve got your setup. having beautiful shaves is surely something to rave about. i found my grail setup just recently. wash my face with mwf and then i use my Vintage gold Progress, a Gillette Platinum, and my Nivea Sensitive cream or gel, both are great. no redness, no irritation, bbs. you just feel like youve climbed a mountain when you leave your bathroom with shaves like that. no one else probably gets it, but we all here do.

I'm curious about your razor history. Have you tried Merkur or Jagger razors? Vintage Gillette's? I haven't tried any Muhles and i'd like to know how it compares to other well-known razors. Thanks for any feedback!

I haven't tried many razors: Merkur Futur, Mühle R41 & R89 and had a few shaves a 34C. I really liked the 34C but I feel like the R89 with a Feather gives such careless and close shaves... Maybe I'll try a slant and a nice stainless steel razor in the future.

I've just ordered a bottle of Lucky Tiger aftershave, 100 astra blades and a stick of Arko. Why?:thumbup: I keep justifying it by telling myself: I'll probably be shaving for another 60 years or so, better try everything so I know what works for me. I should stay away from the Shavemac website.

I've been thinking about this more and more. I am right on the verge of stopping the very fun accumulation of soaps and colognes; like St Augustine said, "Lord, make me good, just not yet."

But I have the grail razor, brush, bowl, and mug, and tonight I added the blade: Astra SP. I have 25+/- soaps and creams, 10+ AS and colognes. My holy-grail products are fast emerging to be TFS Bergamotto Neroli. They make pre-shave balm, soap, cream, and post-shave balm. Once they come up with the rumored after-shave blast, I'm theirs, for the long haul.

But then I have the rest of the stuff, much of which I love. If I do go on a no-buy 2015 restraint, I'll work through a bunch of stuff. If I get to Jan 1 2016 without wanting to replace any of it, I will have captured the elusive grail. But I dunno; I bet I will still have some non-grail products I liked too much to kick curbwards.

Top Bottom