Where do you live?
Auburn, AL

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
University Professor-Silviculture

What is your favorite shave setup?
Moss Scuttle, large
Chubby 2 best
Any of the 3T's (love T&H 1805, TOBS Shaving Shop, GFT's Coconut)
Any of my couple dozen straight razors
Finish with an alum block followed by either
Coral Skin Food or T&H Classic Balm (depending on season of the year)

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Woodworking
Homebrewing
Violin playing
Reading
Straight Razor Restoration

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I was born a curmudgeon, spent a lifetime perfecting being a curmudgeon, and take extraordinary pride in my curmudgeonness.

(Thread generated automatically by the Hall of Fame Submission Form)

I am impressed.... I thought you had to exceed at least a decade past 44 to be admitted to the ranks of the curmudgeons.

moses said:
I am impressed.... I thought you had to exceed at least a decade past 44 to be admitted to the ranks of the curmudgeons.

I will admit that is a common misconception I personally have been one from 7 years old...:biggrin:

Welcome Ed.

As a curmudgeon do you spend time walking around campus muttering about the damn students?

JMT said:
Welcome Ed.

As a curmudgeon do you spend time walking around campus muttering about the damn students?

Jim,
I'm not only constantly muttering about the damn students, but also the damn faculty, and the damn administration! I guess I'm an equal opportunity curmudgeon :wink: .
Ed

mrob said:
Welcome!

What's the correlation between your curmudgeonness and violin playing?:confused: :biggrin:

There's a long story there that I'll try to distill. I first picked up the violin at 18. Took lessons for about 18 months and occasionally played for a couple of years on and off. After getting married (many years later) and having a daughter (many more years later), when she turned 7 she thought that she might want to try violin lessons. So, I made a deal with her...as long as she practiced and wanted to continue taking lessons, so would I. I took my violin out of the closet (it had not been played in over 20 years) and I've been very much enjoying lessons and playing with my daughter for nearly two years now.

Violin playing~=curmudgeon...don't know if there is a direct link. Just another pleasent obsession that I'm trying to get better at each day.

Ed

That's a great story, Ed. I happen to be a music professor--in teacher education--and would love to share your story with my students if its OK.

I've got 2 little boys, and may use your approach with them as they begin playing. Great idea!

mrob said:
That's a great story, Ed. I happen to be a music professor--in teacher education--and would love to share your story with my students if its OK.

I've got 2 little boys, and may use your approach with them as they begin playing. Great idea!

Mitch,
Feel free. I heartily recommend the approach, we keep each other honest. She also keeps me practicing with abandon...eventually, she will catch and surpass my ability, but for now I'm striving to stay ahead and she's working hard to catch me.
Ed

rtaylor61 said:
Everybody knows that only young guys "fiddle" around!:w00t:

Randy
Dang Randy,
You're really trying to earn that SmartA$$ moniker beneath your name :tongue: .

It's good to see so many familiar faces around here.

Ed

Top Bottom