What's new

Footwear of the Day

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Walking around HomeGoods with Mrs. Gold.
IMG_9455.jpeg

1713718765572.gif

(… but she’s still adorable. 😀🙄😎).

I got that email and refused to open it. 🤪
You can always go to the Shoe Bank AE site , and get a pair of "seconds " .... My " walnut " Fifth Avenue AE shoes are seconds and nothing really noticeable . Prices will go up soon to $450 , seconds are a little high right now but should drop after the annual sale has been over a few weeks .

1714001189575.jpeg

I wore 990V6 today. Then saw these reviewed in the paper. Much as I like both loafers and NB grey shoes, I have my doubts about the hybrid. Yet to see these in the wild - maybe they look better close up?

I have not worn those in a few month at least and barely worn them in the last 10 to 15 years. I cannot remember where I got them nor is there a brand for me to look at but they were purchase in the early 2000's in Paris so must likely from André (or maybe Eram or Bata) I do remember buying the leather insole in the basement of the BHV rue de Rivoli by the city hall, and those are still kicking. As for the shoes all I know for sure is their size 42 and were made in Romania as this is all I can read.

IMG_1853.jpg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Just because two things are good on their own does not mean they should be combined…

:lol: Roast beef and custard!

If I saw those in a shoe shop, I'd probably assume I had strayed into the women's aisle, or that a trainee shop assistant had put them on the wrong rack. I appreciate that certain cultural boundaries are more blurred these days, but they're certainly not a shoe for me.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Buongiorno!

Marco, you have been crushing it lately with your collection of classic sneeks.

Those custom Cortez are absolutely perfect. Enjoy! :thumbup1:
Buongiorno Robert!

The Nike Cortez is THE sneakers model par excellence. I just LOVE them too much! Currently, this is my third pair, having already two classic designs and one custom made. And I see many more coming...

P.S. The custom model above has actually just been ordered, it should be ready in 4 weeks. Anyway, I felt I needed to post about them, I was just overly excited after pulling the trigger! I decided to go with a vintage look two-tones colour pattern: White with Light Armory Blue details. Also, please note my initials "M" and "R" in the middle of the heels back!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
@Marco

This post was from 2021.
I think the only pair left (for me) may be the Reebok Club C 85’s. (Yeah... I know they look the same. What about it?) 😀

View attachment 1211186

and maybe, just maybe a pair of Nike Cortez and that would definitely be it. 🤞

View attachment 1211187
Well… I can check the Reeboks off my list.
IMG_9574.jpeg

But I never did get a pair of the Nike Cortez. And if you can believe it, I don’t even own a pair of sneakers from Nike. 😳

But your post has inspired me to track down this sneaker in its iconic “Forrest Gump” version.

I went to the Nike website and lo and behold, they are dropping an updated version of this classic:

IMG_9579.jpeg

Well… you don’t have to tell me twice. I’m signed up. 🤪

So my question for @Marco is, how would describe this sneaker’s fit and what are your sizing recommendations?
IMG_9576.jpeg

IMG_9578.jpeg
IMG_9577.jpeg
IMG_9575.jpeg

May 8th can’t get here fast enough. 😎

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@Marco

This post was from 2021.

Well… I can check the Reeboks off my list.
View attachment 1837067
But I never did get a pair of the Nike Cortez. And if you can believe it, I don’t even own a pair of sneakers from Nike. 😳

But your post has inspired me to track down this sneaker in its iconic “Forrest Gump” version.

I went to the Nike website and lo and behold, they are dropping an updated version of this classic:

View attachment 1837057

Well… you don’t have to tell me twice. I’m signed up. 🤪

So my question for @Marco is, how would describe this sneaker’s fit and what are your sizing recommendations?
View attachment 1837059

View attachment 1837060View attachment 1837062View attachment 1837061

May 8th can’t get here fast enough. 😎
Dear Robert,

I will try my best to answer all of your questions. And if there is something more you desire to know just ask, I am here for you my friend. :cuppa:

Firstly, Nike is for me a legendary brand with an illustrious history and a well-established reputation all over the world. The Cortez, first introduced to the public in 1972, is a true iconic model and now it has finally been brought back to life, after decades of oblivion. In terms of design and beauty it simply has no rivals. The simple fact that it is back here by popular demand after more than half a century says it all. There is no better test of greatness than standing the test of time, Robert.

I suggest starting with the original Forrest Gump and then adding a couple more models, including the By You with YOUR unique design.

Now, the fit. I would say the Cortez with its narrow profile is comparable to the D last of Allen Edmonds (D = standard width). If you have normal/narrow feet as I do, the shoes will be perfect. In terms of which number to get I suggest going up 1 or even better 1-1/2 size. Here in Italy we have a different system and in classic shoes like Velasca I wear size 41. With Nike I get 42.5, which is US 9. They all fit like a glove and look STUNNING.

By the way, the Cortez below is what I got for my wife. She loves them!

1000008377.jpg

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Knowing that my daughters have a touch of the retro sneaker thing, I forwarded them the Cortez drop date as well.

(… runs in the family. :lol: )

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I put the new loafers on today begin walking around the house to break them in a tad before wearing them outside.
View attachment 1837208

Mrs. Gold looked at me wearing these shoes and asked: “Where are you going?”

“To the kitchen to get a cup of coffee, why?”, I responded. 😀

Top Bottom