What's new

Footwear of the Day

Making the most of the calm before the snow storm. Heavy boots are great but they are a lot of work compared to chukkas!

C2FCCEA4-493C-48C7-A24E-AAEF5B45F12D.jpeg

That coordination is impressive.
Considering that Johnniegold was wearing a white shirt and could have taken the easy option, I completely agree. From the “new” drape, I surmise that the cardigan was probably a 2021 holiday present. Matching socks? Possibly.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Considering that Johnniegold was wearing a white shirt and could have taken the easy option, I completely agree. From the “new” drape, I surmise that the cardigan was probably a 2021 holiday present. Matching socks? Possibly.

You surmised correctly. The cardigan was indeed a holiday gift. The socks were not. Had those for awhile. But it just seemed to work.

(Sometimes you just get lucky like that 😀).

We can live in hope while we make do with alternatives. Maybe it would be possible to order a limited run through Shoemart if there were enough interest? They have limited runs of Alden quite often.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Plain black Derbies for me today. I don't think I've worn these since embarking on last year's shoe binge. I need to start wearing these a lot more. The more I wear the most worn stuff, the quicker they will wear out altogether, and the sooner the storage issues are eased.

IMG_20210707_134039(1).jpg

In truth, most of the ones that were nearing the out tray last year, have already gone. Two pairs of trainers, a pair of hiking boots, and a couple of others may follow them this year.

Taylor Stitch Trench Boot in Whisky:

1644455699735.png

They have definitely taken some breaking in, but they are getting more comfortable all the time. My local cobbler says they're made really, really well and I expect them to last longer than I do.

Received a response from Dylan at The Shoe Mart who indicated that model (pictured above) has been discontinued.

That’s a pity. A classic of its kind. I came across these:

not quite same thing but interesting. Some customization is possible. The chance of finding the Alden’s must be extremely small.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
That’s a pity. A classic of its kind. I came across these:

not quite same thing but interesting. Some customization is possible. The chance of finding the Alden’s must be extremely small.

That’s a very nice option.

This make up (pictured below) is available which is a Color 8 shoe with an alpine grain saddle strap which is a bit dressier than the discontinued model but still has my attention.

CC8D0AA9-B367-491D-B327-BB231563CAF6.jpeg

Oh yeah…

22DCEF04-16A8-4AB4-BC6F-377A16E27E3A.jpeg

Top Bottom