What's new

Floris 89 shave cream

This is an expensive cream. Has anyone tried this? Must be the most expensive at 30 ukp for 100ml.

I haven't tried the cream, but for what it costs, it better do miracles. Whenever i think about high end creams like this, a question comes up: why not go with artisanal soaps? Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, has premium artisanal soaps with a vast array of scents for just 20 dollars, and their CK-6 formual has fantastic reviews around here. I personally just use cheap ones like Proraso or Palmolive, but if I were to go premium, I would definitely go for artisanal.

I haven't tried the cream, but for what it costs, it better do miracles. Whenever i think about high end creams like this, a question comes up: why not go with artisanal soaps? Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, has premium artisanal soaps with a vast array of scents for just 20 dollars, and their CK-6 formual has fantastic reviews around here. I personally just use cheap ones like Proraso or Palmolive, but if I were to go premium, I would definitely go for artisanal.
I was intrigued by the high cost.

Floris stuff typically is expensive, whether it's good or not. Their shaving soap used to be good, many years ago, but they changed the formula and it then became mediocre, at best. It was just as expensive, however.

It's the scent of Floris No 89 that makes it a soap I will always have in my rotation. Is it "mediocre" in performance? It's as good as any soap..... A&E, B&M, Stirling, T&H, DR Harris, etc that are or have been in my soap arsenal. But..... YMMV

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have both the Floris 89 hard soap and the No 89 cream. The current version of the cream is a good solid cream, but the scent is what commands the price.

The current version of the No 89 and Elite hard soaps are excellent. The previous Floris hard soap versions, in between the good tallow version and the current version, were poor, like the old 3T hard soaps.

At this time, I’d choose the current version hard soap, and refills are available.

Top Bottom