What's new

Floid - Black

Does anyone have a good description of what Black smells like? I have Vigoroso, which I can't really describe other than clean, classic, old man barbershop. The longer I have it, the more I like it. That could be because the longer I have it, the older I get. :001_smile

I think I'm going to throw in a sample of Black on my next Maggards order.

I've never tried vigoroso but from what I've read Black is vastly different.
Has a very sweet pineapple cologne type scent that's more modern smelling. People seem to really like it or hate it.

I enjoy the scent and performance of Floid Black from a sample I was given. Been long enough I can't remember how long the scent lasted.

On dry down it's more of a modern take on barbershop, but it's clear the Floid pedigree is there. On application, there's a pineapple-mangoy thing going on, and it fades over an hour or so, leaving a very fresh, somewhat fruity Spanish Barbershop scent that lasts a fair while.

I'm surprised how much hate it gets, no judgement, to each their own, but for me it's in no way loud like the true modern Axe school scents. Rather it's a lighter more cheerful version so an old classic.

Very good. I have a sample of it on the way. I'll let you know what I think.

I also ordered a full sized bottle of Mickey Lee - Grand Havana (my sample bottle is almost dry and I love this stuff)
Chiseled Face-Santa Paula
Clubman Special Reserve
Three Barrister and Mann Sample soaps (Seville, Cheshire, and Latha Taiga)
Sample of Mickey Lee Kraken soap.

Completely different. Black is sweet and last longer. Favored by many of the Floids. I have them all and like each one in their own way!

I have to admit that upon first sniff, I was not impressed with Vigoroso. I thought it would be great if I wanted to smell like a great-great grandpa. But it has really grown on me. The face feel is really great. My wife and my daughters like it, which really surprises me since they don't really like very many.

I sometimes blend it with Mickey Lee's Grand Havana and that makes for a wonderful aroma. Actually, the Grand Havana blends well with a lot of scents to make some really great stuff.

I have all five Floids. Vigoroso is by far my favorite. I like them all, but Vigoroso is the bomb.

Floid Black is an Aventus knockoff, just like Fine Platinum or Wm Neumann Absolute Zero. I understand Stirling also makes a similar knockoff, but I've never sniffed it. I love Black, but the menthol, scent and face feel of Absolute Zero is a step above, in my book.

I got my stuff today. The Black smells very similar to Fine Platinum out of bottle. Unfortunately, the scent is pretty much completely gone after 5 minutes. Disappointing.

Top Bottom