What's new

Floid Balm?

Hello!

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Floid Balm in the tube and know how it compares to other balms and the Floid splash.
I'm a balm kind of guy since I always get dry skin so splashes don't work that well for me!

//Unkas

I have a tube. It has some pretty good ingredients in it. Glycerin, Bisabolol, Wheat Germ Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, Tea Tree Leaf Oil.... to name a few. It also has a couple of parabens in it if that matters to you. I've only used it twice since I got it a few weeks ago. Since it's summer and 90 degrees here in Ohio I don't have much need to use it.... to me it's more of a winter balm. It feels just a bit oily to me.... but then it does have oil in it so that's probably why. The scent is nothing like the splashes IMO. I pick up something like a pineapple scent.... kind of fruity. The tube I have has a little sticker on it that says "NUEVA FRAGANCIA MASCULINA"..... which I'm guessing means "NEW MASCULINE FRAGRANCE" (5 years of Spanish in school). Performance wise I will not say because I have only used it twice. Like I said.... it felt a bit oily or greasy on my skin. I actually have two more tubes coming from here:

http://varonia.com/product.php?id_product=137

because the one I got was from here:

https://www.westcoastshaving.com/Floid-After-Shave-Balm_p_1147.html

and as you can see the packaging is a little different. I think it's the same stuff, but I liked the packaging on the one from the Spanish website so I ordered some. I've got ASAD pretty bad too.... so that's my other excuse. I've been a little obsessed with acquiring Floid stuff lately :biggrin1:. Anyway, if you don't have trouble with breakouts from balms and you need something that is moisturizing, this might be for you.

Ben

Is it mentholated like the splash? I am a little disheartened that it has a different scent though but I might just try some anyways.

Is it mentholated like the splash? I am a little disheartened that it has a different scent though but I might just try some anyways.

Nope. No menthol. Yeah.... I was a bit disappointed in the scent.... but it's not really a bad scent..... just not what I was expecting. I think it's worth a try. It's a nice big 125 ml tube so you get quite a bit for the price. I'd recommend it.... but then again I've only tried it a couple times.... and I've gotta have over 50 different AS balms, creams and milks by now.... so take my suggestion with a grain of salt.

Ben

I had to update..... I just got a couple tubes of the Floid Balsam from the Spanish website here:

http://www.varonia.com/product.php?id_product=137

I don't have the two bottles to compare (I'm currently at my office), but definitely different from what I got from here:

https://www.westcoastshaving.com/Floid-After-Shave-Balm_p_1147.html

Not just the packaging. The ingredients are different and the scent is different. The first thing I noticed was that the Spanish one has menthol. It's the last ingredient on the list so there may not be very much but it's listed whereas the WCS one I don't recall seeing it (I rubbed a little bit of it into my neck and no overwhelming cooling sensation..... nothing like Proraso pre/post cream or something like that). The Spanish one is also lacking some of the other ingredients I listed in my previous post. The scent is more of your pleasant, typical "lotiony" or "balmy" scent if that makes any sense. It's a clean smell and very non-offensive. I must say I like the smell of this one better than the one I got from WCS. Still, the scent is nothing like the Floid splashes. The weight and texture of it feels about the same as the other. This one has Castor Oil in it as opposed to all of the tea tree leaf oil and sunflower seed oil listed in the other one. I'll have to compare them closer when I get home this evening. All in all I must say that I like the scent and packaging of the one I got from the Spanish website but time will tell as far as performance goes since the ingredients appear to be somewhat different.

(As a side note..... also included in my package were 2 very cool 75 ml bottles of Floid Vigoroso with speckled screw caps and 2-200 ml bottles of Williams AV made by Sara Lee Corp. All glass. The Williams AV has the old blue screw caps that I've only seen on pictures of vintage bottles of AV I've seen searching the web. Very nice and retro. I'm excited. Check out the website I linked above if you want to see them. They look exactly as they appear on the website.)

Ben

Another thing I noticed..... the tube I got from the Spanish website has the following phrase on it "barbas pieles sensibles" which using google translator means "beards sensitive skin". It could be that one version is the regular version and the other is a sensitive skin version.... which is not uncommon. This may not be an issue of a reformulation so much as regular versus sensitive.

Ben

Top Bottom