What's new

Fitness watch?

I am completely happy with my old Polar FT80 with a chest strap. Many companies, including Polar, are coming out with wrist sensor fitness watches that eliminate the chest strap.

I was using a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for heart rate, and my wife now has it for route tracking, time per mile, tracking activities, sleep tracking... these can be had for around 150.00 as there is now a Vivoactive 4.

I upgraded from the Vivoactive 3 to a Fenix 5X Sapphire and I love it. I use it for tracking steps, sleep, body temperature, heart rate, route if walking, and activities like walking.

Garmin broadcasts in bluetooth and ANT+, and most bike computers only read ANT+ (at least they used to only read that.. some now read bluetooth). When riding the bicycle I use a Garmin 1030 Plus to track speed, route, cadence, elevation, heart rate (from the watch but displayed and tracked on the bike computer), power in watts that I am producing.

The Garmin watches I have had aren't babied and don't show any chips or scratches in the crystal. I did have to get a longer band, but that is the only negative on them.

My first was a refurb’d Garmin 401 and chest strap that ended up busted (my fault), and have had a 405 since… ‘13 I guess. And a handlebar mount for the bike so I can read and access it easily.

I’m not looking for a 24/7 tracker, so they’ve been good to/for me.

Don't buy a Fitbit I have had 4 in the last 5 years, the battery only lasts just over a year when the warranty is up the watch is scrap. You can look on Fitbit's forums and everyone is complaining about the battery.

Top Bottom