What's new

First Timer!

N

NoelyDeezNutz

Went out to NYC this weekend to finish taking pictures for another thread and happened to stumble upon a flea market downtown. We walked and perused for a good 45-50 minutes with 0 finds, somewhat disappointed I start heading out towards the exit when something with bristles caught my eye.

A Gillette Travel brush! (That was string glued to the handle for some reason, not a crack)
proxy.php

As I am reaching for it, I notice more hair underneath another item, looky what we found here!

A Macys Brush.
proxy.php

The hair on both is beyond shot, so they will be getting new knots. I'm thinking a 16mm finest in the travel and a silvertip (gotta measure) for the larger brush.

I think I made out good for $20. She wanted $40 originally.

I'll be taking pics of the whole process to document it for myself.

Any tips for a first restore?

That's the cleanest Gillette travel I have ever seen. For some reason, they are always funky. :thumbup1:

Just missed one on eBay. Came with a travel container. Looked like it would clean up nicely (euphimistic for plenty of funk!).

Last edited:
Yeah, I was watching that one too, but it started bidding up and the description of the bristles 'rotating' made me take a pass. The tube looked a bit marfed up too.

Yep, but I thought maybe the issue was structural rather than adhesive-failure.

Mostly dropped out due to early bidding.

Top Bottom