What's new

First Straight Razor & Strop arrives Monday!

:straight: It has arrived! Now with Pictures! So the sides pictured on the strop are what I use correct? I do not use the inside layer for either one? The strop is pretty dry and will receive some hand love before use. The razor looks very nice and I am glad the honer did not wash the blade after honing - this let me know for sure it was honed. I swear I cleaned the fingerprints off the table...

Yes, both sides you use to strop (the outside parts you have pictured). Start with the white linen first then move to the leather. I think a few above gave some good general guidlines. You'll hear many say linen is totally unecessary, others will swear by it. You can make up your own mind.

Some put sharpening pastes on the "inside" or "back" of the leather/linen strop. I can't tell from that strop - if the two pieces of material are connected at both ends you won't be able to do it easily.

Be careful stropping and most of all, prepare to think your blade is dull! Almost all of us thought that the first time when we were newbies. It actually comes down to technique. After about a week as you improve it'll almost be like the blade is getting magically sharper by day.

Top Bottom