What's new

First straight razor shave

Went quite well.

Picked up a refurbished Wade and Butcher last week on eBay. Went to the local gentlemen's wet shaving boutique located in a trendy part of the city today and bought a Bison Strop. Got some good tips on honing and stropping.

Didn't push my luck on first attempt. Neck, cheeks and sideburn trimming went well. I finished up the chin and moustache areas with my trusty Gillette Slim.

It was a pretty good first foray.

A good start indeed - you lived to tell the tale! Looking forward to more updates - as many have, you might well consider a journal to keep track of things, as it can be very handy.

Congrats, and keep at it. It gets easier the more you go. Dont get discouraged. Also, welcome to the club.

Cool
The thing about straights is that you get better and better, then.......one day......your cocky about you're shave....then OUCH,
It will humble you. Always stay focused, always!

Okay, I'll say it.....it didn't happen if we don't have pics!!!

But congrats on your shave!! As said before, consider starting a journal...it's a great to track your progress, keep track of what does and doesn't work, and get great feedback from fellow straight shavers....my journal has become a great part of my straight journey!

Start your Straight Journal here!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Always glad (and a little jealous too :tongue_sm) when I read that someone's first straight shave went well. :thumbup1:

Thank you, Gents.

Just made a second shave. This time just the W&B. A little dab of Noxema as preshave, followed by a Williams lather (for the old-time experience).

Nice clean shave! No nicks!

Keep at it. I am toying with DE the last few weeks after shaving SR the last 8 months and I still switch back to SR every few days for that guaranteed BBS and really old school shave!

You won't get any closer of a shave with a straight compared to a DE or a better BBS shave. But the real difference lies in the more skin friendly nature of a properly honed straight razor. Plus, they are just so much cooler to use. :001_smile

Congrats on your success!

Top Bottom