What's new

First Puck of Tabac

What is the scent of Tabac like? Every time I've seen the name, I think it's referring to Tobacco, so I've never thought it would be something I'd enjoy.

What is the scent of Tabac like? Every time I've seen the name, I think it's referring to Tobacco, so I've never thought it would be something I'd enjoy.

Not like tobacco. It's sort of a 1960s-70s masculine floral cologne vibe. A huge, messy mix of notes like lavender, neroli, bergamot, carnation, rose, jasmine, green/woody notes mixed with some funkiness like musk, oakmoss, amber.

Let's say it's not for everybody, but it's worth trying at least once.

1620337619552.png

Not like tobacco. It's sort of a 1960s-70s masculine floral cologne vibe. A huge, messy mix of notes like lavender, neroli, bergamot, carnation, rose, jasmine, green/woody notes mixed with some funkiness like musk, oakmoss, amber.

View attachment 1262918

OK. Thanks! Strangely, my subconscious sense of smell seems to be getting the feel for what you're describing.

Based on Nemo's response....no need for anyone else to respond! :cool:

I remember seeing it on my dads counter like in the 70s ?
Then recently got into this DE stuff and smelled it was not sure
then heard horror and praise and smelled it and thought not for me ?
Now this post I think I need to say OK and just smell again or just buy and use as it seems to have a cult following :) hahaahahahah

Oh wow I didn't realize tabac had a reputation for lasting that long...
I saw people write things like you will leave it in your will for someone else to inherit or I've had marriages that didn't last as long as Tabac. There were several that I laughed at.

OK. Thanks! Strangely, my subconscious sense of smell seems to be getting the feel for what you're describing.

Based on Nemo's response....no need for anyone else to respond! :cool:
Tabac is French for tobacco. I'm not a sommelier of soaps, but the scent reminds me of hotel bath soaps. (And yes, the scent of Tabac is a never-ending discussion. I first signed up to B&B 10 years ago, and the discussion is still going. 😄)

No, it does not smell like tobacco. Though it is what I remember: tobacco and leather. I did not like it long ago, because of this. Today I tried a shave stick, and in fact I did not smell much at all. I liked the scent. Now I do not know why I disliked it back then, and went for Irish Moos. Still like the scent of Irish Moos better, though. But, nothing wrong with Tabac.

View attachment 1262918
I've read that the stick scent is somewhat different from the soap puck?

I've got a stick from the good old days when it was made in West Germany. Scent is stronger and much deeper in the notes of leather than the puck now. I need to get a modern stick to compare!

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from his SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

I've read that the stick scent is somewhat different from the soap puck?

I've got a stick from the good old days when it was made in West Germany. Scent is stronger and much deeper in the notes of leather than the puck now. I need to get a modern stick to compare!

Sent by the Shave Maharaja from his SM-A705GM using Tapatalk
Ah that explains why I did not like the scent back then. I still remember something strong with tobacco and leather. I like the new scent.

Top Bottom