What's new

first fountain pen advise please

I have had several fine FP's and have a firm recommendation as to where to go next: go on eBay and buy a NOS Parker 75 (from the 1960's) with a medium nib. You will have a FP that rivals the quality of pens in the $300 to $1000 range (which is about what the 75 should go for if it were in current production - it is much finer than the current similar looking Parker, now made in France). It also has a uniquely adjustable grip section, the likes of which I have not come across from any other manufacturer. I have just as much pride of ownership in my 75, which I acquired for under $100 NIB on eBay, as I have in pens which have cost a few times more. As to ink, check out the Aurora line. FP repair people often recommend it as the least likely to mess up a pen and it also was the best performer in a test in which notes written with various FP inks were left out in the rain on a rooftop.

I got my lamy safari over the weekend, I have not tested the adapter and ink yet.
Just using the catridge it came with.
For me its a perfect fit! It writes smooth out of the box, I did not have any issues that others have reported abt scratchy nib..
brought back a tonne of memories from childhood and I must have written more in the last two days than I did in the
last two years,
swmbo thinks i am nuts!

Maybe that should be our standard signature.

-- Jessy Russell (SWMBO Thinks I'm nuts)

I got my lamy safari over the weekend, I have not tested the adapter and ink yet.
Just using the catridge it came with.
For me its a perfect fit! It writes smooth out of the box, I did not have any issues that others have reported abt scratchy nib..
brought back a tonne of memories from childhood and I must have written more in the last two days than I did in the
last two years,
swmbo thinks i am nuts!

U fit the group perfectly.. welcome :)

Top Bottom