What's new

First English smoke in over a year

Hey folks.

As I mentioned in a previous post, for a time I had switched to smoking mainly cigarettes. After about a year, I decided that wasn't a smart long term decision (In terms of finances or health) and switched back to pipes.

For over a month I've pretty much smoked OTC blends exclusively, mainly Carter Hall. This was also primarily to "de-ghost" all of my pipes as most had been blend or style dedicated. Today I broke out a tin of Dunhill "Standard Mixture", and smoked it through my favorite old meerschaum pipe.

I forgot just how much I love English tobacco! So smokey and spicy, and even more enjoyable now that I'm a little bit more vitamin N tolerant.

I used to only smoke English. I thought it was the only tobacco I’d ever need. Then I got tired of the flavor. I’ll smoke an occasional bowl, maybe every 6 months. It’s fun to revisit.

I tend to smoke English blends in cooler weather and burley blends in warmer weather. My go-too English is Nightcap, but sadly that's a goner along with all the Dunhills. Another good one (though not as rich as Nightcap) is C&D Star of the East.

It really does seem like meerschaum and English blends were meant for each other!

Top Bottom