What's new

First cigar

Jared,
I would go into any reputable tobacco shop in your area and ask the tobacconist for their recommendation. A good shop will normally have someone who is willing to help a new recruit into their new cigar endeavor.

Start with a smaller size such as a robusto, corona or petite corona. Make sure that you have had something to eat before you smoke your first cigar. Smoking on an empty stomach will make the cigar's effect on your body much more pronounced and could lead to a bad experience.

Take your time when you smoke and don't be afraid to leave half or more of the cigar unsmoked. It also helps to have a nice beverage with your smoke, too. I would start with your favorite beverage regardless of what it is. Water, coffee, soda, beer, whiskey all help the cigar smoking experience more enjoyable.

I've never smoke a thing in my life. What would be a good cigar to try it out?

Just wondering if you had made a decision on your first cigar and if you have tried it yet? I had my first one today, an Avo Classic No. 2. As I said in my earlier post I have never smoked anything either. The Avo was not very much on taste but the taste it did have was consistent. Like some of the others have said go to your local cigar shop and get some help. I knew a little more about what to ask for after some research and my first one. Went to my local shop "Truly Cigars" here in Florence today and picked up a couple more for another day. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
You cant go wrong with an Avo. Nice mild smoke. The smoke feels almost dry, like a nice dry wine.

My first Macanudo gave me a big headache and a major aftertaste. So I dont really smoke them. But I know lots of people love them.

Great question I'm in a similar boat albeit in the UK so I am taking in all this good advice. Cheers Jared.

Top Bottom